STRATEGIC PLAN 2015–2020
In 2012 the Board of Directors voted to establish the Task Force on the Strategic Plan for 2015–2020. The task force began developing the framework for the new plan at the February 2013 meeting and will continue to report regularly to the board. A member survey and report provided valuable information to the task force. Additional feedback will be sought from CAA committees and editorial boards and from the membership at large at the Annual Conference in February 2014. Once complete, the Strategic Plan 2015–2020 will supersede the Strategic Plan 2010–2015.
Task Force on the Strategic Plan for 2015–2020
- Anne Collins Goodyear, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, President
- Maria Ann Conelli, Brooklyn College, City University of New York, Vice President for External Affairs
- DeWitt Godfrey, Colgate University, Vice President for Committees
- Jacqueline Francis, California College of the Arts, Vice President for Annual Conference
- Suzanne Blier, Harvard University, Vice President for Publications
- Patricia McDonnell, Wichita Art Museum, Secretary
- John W. Hyland, Jr., Media Advisory Partners, LLC, Treasurer
- Jeffrey P. Cunard, Debevoise & Plimpton, LLP, CAA Counsel
- Jacqueline Baas, Independent Art Historian
- Maria Elena Buszek, University of Colorado Denver
- Paul Catanese, Columbia College Chicago
- Stephanie d’Alessandro, Art Institute of Chicago, CAA Board
- Gail Feigenbaum, Getty Research Institute, CAA Board
- Mara Hermano, Rhode Island School of Design
- Michael Ann Holly, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute
- Jim Hopfensperger, Western Michigan University
- Denise Mullen, Oregon College of Art and Craft, CAA Board
- Sheila Pepe, Department of Fine Arts, Pratt Institute, CAA Board
- Doralynn Pines, Independent Art Historian and Consultant, CAA Board
- Anne-Imelda Radice, American Folk Art Museum, CAA Board
- Megan. K. Young, Dishman Art Museum, Lamar University
- Linda Downs, Executive Director, CAA
- Michael Fahlund, Deputy Director
- Teresa Lopez, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Goodman, Director of Information Technology
- Emmanuel Lemakis, Director of Programs
- Joe Hannan, Editorial Director
- Betty Leigh Hutcheson, Director of Publications
- Nia Page, Director of Membership, Development, and Marketing
Strategic Plan 2010–2015
Paul B. Jaskot, professor in the History of Art and Architecture Department at DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois, was president of the CAA Board of Directors from 2008 to 2010.
The College Art Association has been advancing the history, interpretation, and practice of the visual arts for almost a century. Those CAA members who serve on the Board of Directors, committees, and the CAA staff have vigorously supported the rights of visual artists and art historians, explored opportunities for new directions in our respective fields, and responded to new needs and concerns that have arisen in our various fields.
This Strategic Plan 2010–2015 represents our commitment to the visual arts and to quality service for all members. It focuses on the key issues of communication, intellectual and creative programs, and membership interests. These collectively provide a framework for identifying other priorities for sustaining the association’s ongoing growth and well-being. With the plan in place, CAA will be able to advocate for the visual arts nationally and internationally and create new opportunities for dialogue among our members. In addition, we aspire to new forms of communication with innovative technology as well as to career development and workforce issues that are of crucial concern to many of our members. By focusing on the professional growth and sustenance of all visual-arts professionals, we will in the process strengthen our organization’s leadership, support fully our membership, and provide sound financial footing for the future of CAA. That future is our future, and the Strategic Plan moves us forward together to pursue our common goals.
Published in October 2010.