Momentum Exhibition & Competition
Type: Exhibition Opportunities [View all]
Posted by: The Arts Commission (Toledo, OH)
Deadline: Mon, July 17th, 2017
We are pleased to announce The Arts Commission’s Momentum Juried Competition and Exhibition in Toledo, Ohio.
- No Entry Fee
- Shipping stipends are available for accepted entries
- Up to $10,000 in cash prizes
- Call deadline: July 17, 2017
- Exhibition Dates: September 8, 2017 - October 14, 2017
Artists working in glass, glass related materials, or materials referencing glass are encouraged to submit.
The conceptual framework of the exhibition is as follows: With a deep background in commercial production and the birthplace of the studio glass movement, Toledo has served as a nexus between art, industry, and innovation through its historical connection to the material of glass. Momentum seeks work that celebrates this unique narrative and evolves from it. Jurors will be selecting entries that exemplify:
1. Experimental or interdisciplinary works using glass as a material, in the spirit of the innovative technological developments in Toledo’s glass industry, and the cooperation and curiosity that drove the first Experimental Glass Workshop, precipitating the Studio Glass Movement.
2. Artworks utilizing glass that connect to industrial glass processes, or utilizing industrially produced glass materials.
3. Artworks that have been informed by one’s personal affiliation or history with the Toledo area.
Visit theartscommission.org/momentum for more information on this opportunity. To apply, go to https://www.callforentry.org - and log in or create an account. There is no charge to create an account or apply for this call. Once you are logged in follow this link: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4484.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, July 17, 2017. We will notify artists no later than August 11th, 2017. Selected artists will be provided with an exhibition agreement and instructions at that time.
For questions about the exhibition please contact Crystal Phelps, email@example.com.
Posted on Mon, June 19th, 2017
Expires on Mon, July 17th, 2017
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.