FotoFilmic//SOLO Exhibition Award
Type: Exhibition Opportunities [View all]
Posted by: FotoFilmic
Deadline: Thu, August 31st, 2017
FotoFilmic is excited to announce its first ever SOLO EXHIBITION AWARD Call for Applications!
FotoFilmic//SOLO represents a unique professional publication and exhibition opportunity in the field of contemporary photography designed to draw strong attention to remarkable practices while helping raise the profile of a few select burgeoning & mid’ career photographers in today’s ultra competitive art industry.
Juror: Todd Hido
As Juror Todd Hido will be on the lookout for applications demonstrating refined aestheticism and a strong critical or conceptual component that can feel organic to the work. Longer themed series developed over time are recommended over multiple single images different in intent or content.
FotoFilmic//SOLO AWARD DETAILS
• 2-month Solo Exhibition at the FotoFilmic//PULP Gallery in Vancouver on Bowen Island, BC, Canada // Exhibition Dates: October 14 - December 3, 2017
• Guest Attendance at Todd Hido’s October 14/15, 2017 Weekend Master Workshop Sources & Influences on Bowen Island, BC, Canada
• Ltd Edition SOLO Exhibition Catalogue Print Publication with forewords by Todd Hido & FotoFilmic Directors // 5 signed hard copies go to the Winner
• Feature FILM TALKS Interview Online & Print (Catalogue) Publication
• Dedicated SOLO Exhibition Page on the FotoFilmic website
• 1-Year optional FotoFilmic Gallery Representation
FotoFilmic//SOLO Awards can grab hold of the solid international artistic foothold your photography needs to break new recognition grounds: from prestigious curating and jurying to reference printed and online publications, advanced workshop mentoring as well as optional FOTOFILMIC representation, FotoFilmic//SOLO is your chance to shine a direct light into the medium’s public eye!
APPLICATIONS DUE BY AUGUST 31, 2017
Posted on Thu, August 10th, 2017
Expires on Thu, August 31st, 2017
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.