Calls For Papers
Urban Art Intersections City of Dayton Garage Mural
Type: Calls For Papers [View all]
Posted by: Dayton Visual Arts Center
Deadline: Mon, October 9th, 2017
This is a request for proposals for a mural that has a music theme to be located on the City of Dayton Transportation Center Garage.
The site is located near the future home of the Levitt Pavilion, Dayton’s free outdoor amphitheater planned to open at Dave Hall Plaza in 2018. The mural should reflect the spirit or music, musicians, and musical performance. The inclusion of Dayton’s rich musical past, present, and future, as well as any other interpretation of how music plays a role in our city’s rich cultural fabric is highly encouraged.
The City of Dayton Transportation Center Garage is located in Downtown Dayton and bounded by Jefferson, Fourth, St. Clair, and Stone streets (see map below).
Specifically, the mural will be installed on the west face of the garage (along Jefferson Street) focusing on the inset cement block walls (see image on the next page). This location is across Jefferson Street from the Levitt Pavilion site.
To enliven the Jefferson streetscape with a mural that has a music theme, which is appropriate due to the site’s proximity to the Levitt Pavilion and other establishments that feature live music.
Eligibility for the project is as follows:
· Any amateur or professional artist or designer age 18 and older is eligible to apply. Artists under the age of 18 may apply if they are part of a team with at least one member that is 18 or older.
· Applications must have primary residence within a 40-mile radius of downtown Dayton.
· Applications must submit a complete proposal through the CAFÉ system (callforentry.org).
· Submissions can be made by individuals, groups, classes or teams.
· Submission fee is $10 per application and open to the public within the eligible geography.
· Three Semi-Finalists will be selected to submit a final design.
· Final Design will be selected by a committee made up of Dayton and Levitt Pavillion officials and arts professionals.
· If selected, be available for a consultation with K12’s mural team in early November 2017.
· If selected, sign an agreement with project organizers
· Semi-Finalists will receive a modest stipend of $125 for to their final design.
· The selected artist will earn a $2,500 stipend for their design.
For more information and full application, please vist http://daytonvisualarts.org/for-artists/callforentries/ or call Dayton Visual Arts Center at 937-224-3822
Posted on Mon, September 18th, 2017
Expires on Mon, October 9th, 2017
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.