Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges
Artists’ Community Administrator Residency
Type: Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges [View all]
Posted by: Rauschenberg Residency
Deadline: Tue, May 1st, 2018
The Artists’ Community Administrator Residency is designed to provide creative time and space for practicing artists of all disciplines who also have a full-time position at an artists’ community. The dates are September 30 – October 14, 2018.
We are looking for a diversity of participants, including age, career level, discipline, ethnicity, and gender. Selection will be based on serving a diverse range of participants.
- Must be employed at an Alliance of Artists Communities member organization.
- Must be employed full time for at least one year (by time of application).
- Open to employees in any department: administration, fundraising, maintenance, marketing, studio, etc.
- Open to practicing artists of all disciplines, including but not limited to filmmaking, literary arts, media arts, music, performing arts, and visual arts.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Must commit to the full two-week residency.
Housing, meals, studio/equipment usage, staff resources.
Selected participants are asked to provide their own transportation; however, there is some travel support available in cases where that is not possible.
May 1, 2018
About the Rauschenberg Residency
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation launched the Rauschenberg Residency in 2012 when it converted Bob’s former home in Captiva, Florida – where he lived and worked for 40 years – into a multidisciplinary artists’ community inspired by Bob’s years at Black Mountain College.
The 20-acre site that stretches from beach to bay stimulates cross-disciplinary collaborations, as well as engenders a focus on the conservation of a sensitive and pristine environment. The Rauschenberg Residency advances new bodies of work, extends practices into new mediums, and serves as a research and development lab for individual and group projects.
Posted on Wed, January 31st, 2018
Expires on Tue, May 1st, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.