Annual Call for Proposals // 2018-2019
Type: Exhibition Opportunities [View all]
Posted by: University of Central Florida Art Gallery
Deadline: Sat, March 3rd, 2018
The UCF Art Gallery is seeking Solo and Group Exhibition Proposals for the 2018-2019 academic year. The gallery resides in the University of Central Florida’s School of Visual Arts and Design located in Orlando, Florida. The gallery has about 3700 square feet of space with over 230 linear feet of wall space and about 96 feet of moveable wall space.
Exhibition Proposals will be accepted February 10 through March 3, 2018 and works in all media will be considered. Notification of acceptance will be by April 6, 2018.
To apply, please upload the following via Submittable:
· Current Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
· Artist Statement or Curatorial Statement
- Briefly describe your professional art practice, research, and conceptual motivations
· Exhibition Proposal, include all of the following:
- Contact info: Full Name, Address, Phone, Email, Website (if applicable)
- Short Biographical Information
- Exhibition Description: Provide clear and concise description of the exhibition you are proposing (solo or group), conceptual motivations and its intention. Include the approximate number of artworks, materials, equipment needs, and cost of exhibition (including crating cost and estimate of one-way shipping costs). Explain artwork installation process. Describe how you and your work would interface and appeal to the diverse program offerings and student body in School of Visual Arts and Design. There is no entry fee, and we will provide a modest honorarium to off-set the cost of shipping/travel. However, we greatly appreciate any support sources you might suggest or funding you might provide for the proposed exhibition.
· Student Interactions
- Please briefly explain any student-focused programming (i.e.: lecture, workshops, studio visits) you would provide as a visiting artist in connection with the exhibition.
· 20 individual JPEG images of work
- applicable and available work (at least 1000 [in one direction] pixels and 300dpi resolution) – exhibition will be curated by images submitted. Video files can be uploaded as MP4 or MOV
· Image Details includes: title, media, size, and date for each image/file
CLICK HERE for submission details through Submittable
Posted on Mon, February 12th, 2018
Expires on Sat, March 3rd, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.