posted by Christopher Howard — Oct 27, 2008
CAA recognizes the lives and careers of the following individuals in the arts, all of whom recently passed away.
- Albert Boime, an art historian and longtime professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, who researched the social history of art, died on October 18, 2008. He was 75
- Robert H. Chaney, a Houston business man who collected contemporary Asian and British art, died October 22, 2008
- Patricia Faure, a Los Angeles–based art dealer, died October 21, 2008, at the age of 80
- Jason Gleeson, an Australian artist and art critic who helped shape the collections of the National Gallery of Australia, died on October 20, 2008, a month shy of his 93rd birthday
- Ardeshir Mohasses, an Iranian-born political cartoonist and satirist whose work was the subject of a recent exhibition at the Asia Society in New York, died on October 9, 2008. He was 70
- Iba Ndiaye, a highly influential modern painter from Senegal who also lived and worked in Paris, died October 5, 2008, at the age of 80
- Paritosh Sen, a pioneering and well-known Indian artist, died October 22, 2008. He was 80.
Read all past obituaries in the arts on the CAA website.