posted by Vanessa Jalet — Nov 17, 2008
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the members of the College Art Association, Inc., will be held on Friday, February 27, 2009, 5:00–6:00 PM (PST) in West Hall Meeting Room 502A, Level 2, Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, California. CAA President Paul Jaskot will preside.
By-Law and Resolution Information
In accordance with the By-laws, Article IV, Sections 1, 2, 3, and 4:
- The Association shall hold an annual business meeting in conjunction with the Annual Conference at a place and on a date and time fixed by the Board of Directors. The purpose of the Annual Meeting is to transact such business as may come before the Meeting and to elect new Directors to the Board
- Active Members may propose resolutions for consideration at the Annual Meeting. Any such proposals must (i) be received by the office of the Executive Director no later than eighty (80) days prior to the Annual Meeting; (ii) be in proper parliamentary form; (iii) be signed by at least twenty-five (25) Active Members of the Association in good standing; (iv) be no more than three hundred (300) words in length; and (v) deal with matters relating to the purposes of the Association as set forth in Article II. The Board may also propose matters for consideration at the Annual Meeting
- The Notice of the Annual Meeting shall give notice of the date, time, and place of the Annual Meeting, the names of and other information regarding candidates for the Board of Directors, and of any resolutions or other matters to be considered at the Annual Meeting. The Notice shall be served personally, by mail or by electronic mail, to all members entitled to notice at least sixty (60) days prior to the date designated for the Annual Meeting
- At the Annual Meeting, the President shall determine the order in which resolutions or other matters may be considered. As the President may deem appropriate, resolutions from the floor may be considered at the Annual Meeting
The complete by-laws can be found online. Any proposed resolutions should be sent to: Linda Downs, c/o CAA Executive Assistant, CAA, 275 Seventh Ave., 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001, with a copy, in Microsoft Word, sent to email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of any proposed resolutions to be considered at the Annual Meeting is December 8, 2008.
- Call to Order: Paul Jaskot
- Approval of Minutes of February 22, 2008, Annual Meeting
- President’s Report: Paul Jaskot
- Financial Report: John Hyland, Jr., Treasurer
- Strategic Planning Discussion
- Governance Task Force
- Old Business
- New Business
- Results of Election of New Directors: Paul Jaskot
If you are unable to attend the Annual Meeting, please complete a proxy to appoint the individuals named thereon to: (i) vote, in their discretion, on such matters as may properly come before the Annual Meeting; and (ii) to vote in any and all adjournments thereof. In early January, CAA will either mail you a proxy and a postage-paid reply envelope (along with a ballot), or email you instructions for completing your proxy (and casting your vote) online. Your proxy must be received by no later than 5:00 PM (PST) on February 27, 2009.
Barbara Nesin, Secretary
College Art Association
November 1, 2008