posted by Vanessa Jalet — Jan 07, 2009
CAA members may now cast their e-ballots for the CAA Board of Directors Election, as well as submit their proxies for the Annual Members’ Business Meeting. The four recipients receiving the most votes will serve on the board from 2009 to 2013.
If you have previously indicated that you want to cast your vote and submit your proxy online, an email sent yesterday will contain your PIN; your ID is your CAA member number. Please go to www.electionadmin.com/caa.htm to begin the process.
The board candidates are:
- Carol Crown, University of Memphis
- Jacqueline Francis, California College of the Arts and San Francisco State University
- DeWitt Godfrey, Colgate University
- Patricia Mathews, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Patricia McDonnell, Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita State University
- Perri Lee Roberts, University of Miami
Please read each candidate’s statement and biography—and watch their special video introductions—by clicking on his or her name above before casting your vote. Voting began on January 5, 2009, and ends on Friday, February 27, at 5:00 PM (PST).
Results of the election will be announced during the CAA Annual Conference at the Annual Members’ Business Meeting, which takes place on February 27, 5:00–6:00 PM, in West Hall Meeting Room 502A, Level 2, of the Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S. Figueroa Street.
If you are unable to attend the Annual Members’ Business Meeting, you may submit your proxy online. By doing so, you appoint the individuals named on the proxy to:
- Vote as indicated on your proxy
- Vote, in their discretion, on such other matters as may properly come before such a meeting; and
- Vote in any and all adjournments thereof
As CAA’s governing body, the Board of Directors is charged with CAA’s long-term financial stability and strategic direction. It sets policy regarding all aspects of the organization’s activities, including publications, the Annual Conference, awards and fellowships, advocacy work, and committee procedures.
Questions? Contact Vanessa Jalet, CAA executive assistant, at 212-691-1051, ext. 261.