CAA News Today
Serve on a CAA Award Jury
posted by Lauren Stark — Feb 18, 2014
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on eight of the twelve juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2014–17). Terms begin in May 2014; award years are 2015–17. CAA’s twelve awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not be serving on another CAA committee or editorial board. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
The following jury vacancies will be filled this spring:
- Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award: two members
- Arthur Kingsley Porter Prize: one member
- Frank Jewett Mather Award: two members
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: one member
- Distinguished Feminist Award: two members
- Artist Award for Distinguished Body of Work: two members
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: one member
- Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award for Writing on Art: one member
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and an abbreviated CV (no more than two pages). Please send all materials by email to Lauren Stark, CAA manager of programs; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word attachments. Deadline: April 25, 2014.