posted by CAA — Dec 06, 2016
|Job Title:||Program Assistant||Date:||February 25, 2016|
|Supervisor:||Manager of Programs|
Part-time position with approximately 20 hours per week, schedule may vary with flexible hours.
COLLEGE ART ASSOCATION ANNUAL CONFERENCE:
The College Art Association Annual Conference is the largest international gathering of professionals in the visual arts. The conference brings together 4,000 of its members to participate in over 250 presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and special events on a wide range of topics on art scholarship and practice; to engage in in-depth discussions on new scholarship, innovative art, and issues in the arts today; and to connect with colleagues from across the country and around the world. The 105th annual conference will be held in New York, February 15- 18, 2017.
Reporting to the director of programs, the program assistant provides assistance to both the assistant director for annual conference and manager of programs with all daily operations of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with data entry support (e.g. NetFORUM membership database), detailed record keeping, database document production, and producing reports.
- Assists with the coordination of the scheduling of the CAA conference sessions and events. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry, preparing spreadsheets, proof reading, and creating reports. Communicates with CAA departments on conference details as requested.
- Corresponds with conference participants, service providers, book and trade fair exhibitors, and general membership on conference-related matters.
- Provides internet research to source prospects for the CAA conference book and trade fair.
- Prepare mailings sent to conference participants, exhibitors, advertisers, jurors, committee members, and volunteers. Document production and photo-copying.
- Assist with the development of all conference publications.
- Assists with the coordination of temporary conference staff including, scheduling, correspondence, and training.
- Provides on-site conference support, including but not limited to assisting with all aspects of conference logistics, checking set-up arrangements, posting signs, and providing hospitality as needed.
- Staffs Speaker Ready Room during the conference providing assistance to conference presenters and chairs as needed.
- Provides post-conference support including compiling and summarizing event statistics.
- Assists with financial recording keeping, including but not limited to, processing purchase orders and transactions, creating invoices, tracking expenses, and preparing ledgers and reconciliation reports.
- Provides research and creates reports as requested.
- Performs various administrative and clerical duties for the director of programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in art history or MFA preferred.
- Ability to work independently, organize multiple concurrent tasks, work efficiently, and follow through on details.
- Experience with spreadsheets, systems and database management, and generally accepted programs and office equipment required.
- Excellent customer services skills, and writing and editing skills, and oral communication.
- Should possess tact, discretion, and the ability to work confidentially.
- The capacity to remain poised under pressure.
- The ability and willingness to work on-site at annual conference as well as hours outside typical business day, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or political affiliation.