posted by CAA — Dec 12, 2016
College Art Association
Notice of 105th Annual Business Meeting
Annual Conference Convocation
February 15, 2017
The 105th Annual Business Meeting of the members of the College Art Association will be called to order at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15th, at the Convocation of the 2017 Annual Conference, in West/East Ballroom, 3rd Floor, New York Hilton Midtown Hotel, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10019.
CAA President, Suzanne Preston Blier, will preside. The Annual Business Meeting will be held in two parts.
The Agenda for the first part of the Annual Business Meeting is as follows:
- Call to Order and President’s Report – Suzanne Preston Blier
- Report by Annual Conference Chair and VP for Annual Conference – Judith Rodenbeck and N. Elizabeth Schlatter
- Report by Executive Director – Hunter O’Hanian
- Presentation of Annual Awards for Distinction – Suzanne Preston Blier
- Keynote Address – Mary Miller
After the Keynote Address, the Meeting will be recessed and will reconvene on Friday, February 17, 2017 from 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. in the East Ballroom, 3rd Floor at the New York Hilton Midtown Hotel, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, NY, NY 10019. The Agenda for the second part of the Annual Business Meeting is as follows:
- Approval of Minutes of 104th Annual Business Meeting, February 3, 2016 [ACTION ITEM] – see http://www.collegeart.org/pdf/2016-annual-business-meeting-minutes.pdf
- Financial Report: Teresa Lopez, Chief Financial Officer
- Old Business
- New Business
- Results of Election of New Directors: Suzanne Preston Blier
- MY CAA – Open discussion with members, board and staff regarding future growth of the Association.
If you are unable to attend the Annual Business Meeting, please complete a proxy online to appoint the individuals named thereon to (i) vote, as directed by you, for directors, and, at their discretion, on such other matters as may properly come before the Annual Business Meeting; and (ii) to vote in any and all adjournments thereof. CAA Members will be notified when the proxy for casting votes becomes available online in early January 2017. A proxy, with your vote for directors, must be received no later than 6:00 p.m. EST Thursday, February 16, 2017.
The 106th Annual Business Meeting of the College Art Association will take place on February 21, 2018, in Los Angeles.
Roberto Tejada, Secretary
College Art Association
December 12, 2016