posted by CAA — Mar 08, 2017
Part-time and commission based
The College Art Association (CAA), a membership and advocacy organization for those working in the visual arts, seeks a part-time advertising sales rep with media sales experience in both print and digital platforms. The ideal candidate should have established contacts in the arts and culture publishing landscape and in the wider culture field. She/he will have the mindset to strategically target prospective clients to build relationships that support CAA’s prestigious publications and events with a strong ad sales program.
The advertising sales rep would work primarily on CAA’s two flagship print journals, The Art Bulletin and Art Journal, with some work on CAA’s digital reviews platform, caa.reviews. Additional work would include selling ads for the graduate program directories and the CAA Annual Conference. Candidates for the position should have experience in billing clients, advertising proposal creation, and proper tracking of invoices and payments.
This is a part-time, commissioned-based position. The position reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage relationships with current advertising clients and develop strategy for new client growth
- Work closely with staff across all departments to create client strategy aligned with journals, website content, and programs
- Produce client contracts for ad sales
- Oversee invoicing and record keeping for ad sales on journals and relevant websites
- Report and present on ad sales program and results to staff members and constituents
- Work with publications department staff and in-house graphic designer on ad placement and design as needed
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- At least 2 years of ad sales or comparable experience
- A warm and welcoming personality that encourages relationship building
- Established relationships with advertisers and companies in the arts and culture field
- Proven track record of closing new business and maintaining current business
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize multiple concurrent tasks, work efficiently, and follow through on details
- Experience with spreadsheets, systems, and database management and generally accepted programs and office equipment required
- BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CAA Ad Sales Rep.”
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or political affiliation.