posted by tiffany — Mar 16, 2017
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on seven of the twelve juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2017–20). Terms begin in May 2017; award years are 2018–20. CAA’s twelve awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2017. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
Jury vacancies for spring 2017:
- Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award: two members
- Artist Award for a Distinguished Body of Work: two members
- CAA/AIC Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation: one member
- Distinguished Feminist Award: two members
- Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award for Writing on Art: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: one member
- Frank Jewett Mather Award: two members
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages, may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Katie Apsey, CAA manager of programs; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachments. For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact Tiffany Dugan, CAA director of programs.
Deadline Extended: May 31, 2017.