posted by CAA — Aug 04, 2017
College Art Association
50 Broadway, Fl 21
New York, NY 10004
Date posted: August 2, 2017
Position Title: Sponsorship and Partnership Manager
Supervisors: Director of Communications, Marketing, and Membership
Full-time, salaried with benefits.
Founded in 1911, the College Art Association (CAA) is the preeminent international leadership organization in the visual arts, promoting the field through intellectual engagement, advocacy, programs and a commitment to the diversity of practices and practitioners. Each year, CAA offers an Annual Conference, publishes two scholarly journals and offers a variety of other programs. Visit CollegeArt.org for a complete description of programs and offerings.
CAA has more than 9,000 members worldwide. The majority of members are curators, art historians, scholars, visual artists and designers.
- Seeking and securing new partnership and sponsorship relationships for CAA, while caring for and expanding the existing relationships with sponsors and partners. The role will create new sponsorship and partnership relationships for the CAA Annual Conference and year-round CAA programs.
- Cultivate new and oversee current institutional member relationships for CAA.
- Manage the CAA Career Center and Opportunity Center, two of the most popular resources CAA offers it members and constituents. This will entail maintaining a strong relationship with a third-party job placement vendor and addressing questions and concerns related to the jobs and opportunities pages of the website as needed.
- Manage incoming advertising for CAA. The role will serve as the main point person and work-flow manager of the ads placed on CAA properties coming from our third-party ad sales company.
- The person will also strategically oversee outgoing ad placement for CAA programs and initiatives.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of four years of college, preferably in the visual arts, art history or related fields.
- Track record building relationships with high-profile non-profit and for-profit partners across industries.
- Experience in sponsorship arrangements related to large-scale events and/or arts organizations.
- Understanding of membership organizations and/or non-profits, preferably in the arts.
- Strategic thinker who thrives in a mission-driven organization
- Pleasant demeanor.
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nick Obourn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Sponsorship Manager and applicant’s last name in the subject line. Applications accepted until all positions are filled. Please include the names and contact information for three references who can speak to your ability to perform the tasks requested. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or political affiliation.
HOH/August 1, 2017