posted by CAA — May 17, 2018
The Professional Committees address critical concerns of CAA’s members set out in the goals of CAA’s Strategic Plan. CAA invites members to apply for service on one of these working groups.
Committee members serve three-year terms (2019-2022), with at least one new member rotating onto a committee each year. Candidates must be current CAA members and possess expertise appropriate to the committee’s work. Members of all committees volunteer their services without compensation. It is expected that once appointed to a committee, a member will involve herself or himself in an active way.
The below vacancies are open for terms beginning in February 2019. Click on the committee name to learn more about the work of the specific committee.
- Committee on Design: 5 members
- Committee on Diversity Practices: 4 members
- Committee on Intellectual Property: 1-2 members
- Committee on Women in the Arts: 3 members
- Education Committee: 4 members
- International Committee: 3 members
- Museum Committee: 4 members
- Professional Practices Committee: 4-5 members
- Services to Artists Committee: 3-4 members
- Student and Emerging Professionals Committee: 3-4 members
CAA’s president, vice president for committees, and executive director review all candidates in the fall and announce the appointments in late October, prior to the Annual Conference. New members are introduced to their committees during their respective business meetings at the conference.
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) describing the nominee’s qualifications and experience and an abbreviated CV (no more than 2–3 pages). Please send all materials to Vanessa Jalet, CAA executive liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday, September 7, 2018. Kindly enter subject line in email: 2019 Professional Committee Applicant.