posted by CAA — Jun 24, 2020
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on our Awards for Distinction, Publication Grant, Fellowship, and Travel Grant juries. Terms begin August 2020.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2020. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
Awards for Distinction Juries
CAA has vacancies in ten of the fourteen juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2020–23). Terms begin in August 2020; award years are 2021–23.
- Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award for museum scholarship in the history of art/Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award for Smaller Museums, Libraries, Collections, and Exhibitions for museum scholarship in the history of art published by smaller institutions: two vacancies
- Frank Jewett Mather Award for art criticism: two vacancies
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award for non-catalogue books in the history of art: one vacancy
- Arthur Kingsley Porter Prize for articles written by younger scholars in The Art Bulletin: one vacancy
- Artist Award for Distinguished Body of Work: two vacancies
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: one vacancy
- Distinguished Feminist Awards for Scholars and Artists: one vacancy
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: one vacancy
- Excellence in Diversity Award: four vacancies
Publication Grant Juries
CAA has vacancies on our Millard Meiss Publication Fund grant jury for four years (2020–24) and the Terra Foundation for American Art Publication Grant jury for one year (2020-21).
- Millard Meiss Publication Fund: three vacancies
- Terra Foundation for American Art Publication Grant: one vacancy
Professional Development Fellowship Juries
CAA has vacancies on our Professional Development Fellowship juries for three years (2020–23). Terms begin August 2020.
- Professional Development Fellowship in Visual Arts: three vacancies
- Professional Development Fellowship in Art History: two vacancies
Travel Grant Juries
CAA has vacancies on our Art History Fund for Travel to Special Exhibitions jury for three years (2020–23). Terms begin August 2020.
- Art History Fund for Travel to Special Exhibitions: two vacancies
HOW TO APPLY
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Cali Buckley (email@example.com), CAA grants and special programs manager; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachments.
For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact Tiffany Dugan (firstname.lastname@example.org), CAA director of programs and publications.
Deadline: July 31, 2020