I. When Do We Collect Personally Identifiable Information?
We only collect your personally identifiable information—such as your name, street address, telephone and facsimile numbers, email address, level of education, profession, job title, and credit-card information—when you knowingly provide it to us. We may gather such information during the following interactions:
- When you become a member of CAA
- When you renew your membership or rejoin CAA
- When you register for a CAA Annual Conference
- When you purchase an item from CAA on the Sites, or in person, by facsimile or a paper-based order form
- When you participate in a CAA survey, whether on the Sites, in person, or offline
- When you submit session content or other information relating to your participation at the CAA Annual Conference
- When you use CAA’s Online Career Center for job searching and employment-related matters.
II. How Do We Use Personally Identifiable Information?
We use personally identifiable information primarily to provide you with products and services and to enhance your experience at our Sites and as a member of CAA. We will include personally identifying information of individuals attending the Annual Conferences in the Directory of Attendees unless they opt out. We will include personally identifying information of CAA members in the online Member Directory only if they opt in. Unless members opt out, CAA otherwise uses such information in order to communicate with them.
In addition to internal uses by CAA, third parties may be provided or collect personally identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- We employ outside contractors to provide specific products and services to CAA, including credit-card processing, fraud screening, order fulfillment and shipment, postal and electronic mail, hosting and maintaining advertisements on our Sites, and developing applications for our Sites. We may need to provide these outside contractors with your personally identifiable information in connection with their providing such products or services to us. These contractors are obligated to protect the privacy of your personally identifiable information and to refrain from using or disclosing that information other than to provide us with such products or services.
- Boxwood Technology, Inc., which operates the Online Career Center for CAA, collects and retains information that you submit when applying for a job posted on this site.
- We also may share personally identifiable information with third parties for the purpose of their providing you with offers or information that may be of interest to you. It is our practice to ask you, at the point where we collect such information, whether you authorize us to share it with third parties for those purposes.
- We also may disclose your personally identifiable information in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you or someone else who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) CAA’s rights or property, other users of our Sites, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We also may disclose personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
If you authorize us to share your personally identifiable information with third parties but you thereafter change your mind, or if you no longer want to receive communications from CAA, you may indicate your preferences either (1) by sending an email to email@example.com or (2) by changing your communications options in your CAA account. Your instructions to us will only affect subsequent sharing of personally identifiable information with third parties and any future communications from CAA. If, however, we had previously shared your information with third parties, it is possible such information may continue to be used by them.
III. How Do We Use Non–Personally Identifiable Information?
We collect non–personally identifiable information, including cookies, user IP addresses and domain names, and other anonymous statistical information, when you visit our Sites. We may use such information to perform statistical analyses of member behavior and characteristics and in connection with advertisements. We only provide non–personally identifiable information to third parties in anonymized, aggregated form.
IV. Is My Information Secure?
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your personally identifiable information, including physical security and restrictions on access. In connection with credit-card transactions, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to transmit personally identifiable information to our server. We secure the personally identifiable information you provide on servers located in controlled environments that adopt industry-standard security measures. Only employees or, on occasion, an outside contractor who may need access to your information to perform a specific task or function are granted access to such information.
You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. Additionally, there also is some risk our security systems could be circumvented or breached. As a result, although we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
VI. How Can You Update, Correct, or Delete Personally Identifiable Information?
You can update, correct, or delete personally identifiable information at any time either by logging into your account or by calling or writing to CAA. By email or telephone request, we will remove your personally identifiable information from our database; however, some residual information may remain on backup media and records of deletions. We are unable to delete information from third-party databases.
IX. Who Should You Contact with Questions?