Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges
Pop In Artist Residency
Type: Residencies, Workshops, Exchanges [View all]
Posted by: Artspace
Deadline: Mon, October 1st, 2018
The Pop In residency program at Artspace provides an artist with a month-long studio opportunity to work on a project of their choice and to interact with the public and the artist community. It is also an opportunity for the artist to exhibit the work they create immediately following the residency. During the residency period, the artist must engage with the Raleigh community through a collaborative project or through teaching a workshop. The residency is for 2019.
Submit applications to Annah Lee, Director of Artistic Programs, email@example.com (subject line: Pop In Residency). Contact Annah for questions. All applications must be submitted along with a non-refundable $25 application fee. You may send a check or money order – made payable to Artspace, Inc. – to 201 E Davie St, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Full details on how to apply and image/document requirements: http://artspacenc.org/artists/opportunities/pop-in-residency/
1. The Pop In Residency is available to established, dedicated, working artists.
2. Artists must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents over 18 years of age.
3. Artists working in most mediums will be considered. Artists working with toxic materials, hazardous machinery, etc. will not be considered due to limitations within the building. Oil painting is permitted.
4. Artists must not be currently enrolled in an institutional program of study, including instructional museum programs.
5. Artists must be ready to enjoy working in an open studio setting where the public is able to interact with the artist during public hours. Artists must work in the studio a minimum of 20 hours per week during public hours.
6. Submitting Artists must be experienced in art instruction – preferably with adults and children (ages 8+).
7. Submitting Artists must be prepared to exhibit artwork created during their residency, in addition to and/or of the same caliber as the artwork submitted for application.
Posted on Thu, August 23rd, 2018
Expires on Mon, October 1st, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.