Administration Internship - Paid
Type: Internships [View all]
Posted by: Appraisers Association of America
Deadline: Mon, July 1st, 2019
2019 Spring/Summer Arts Administration Internship
The Appraisers Association of America has opportunities for an intern to learn about non-profit and association management by assisting with all aspects of day-to-day activities. Working closely with the office staff, the intern will gain insight into how a small, fast-paced non-profit and membership organization functions with hands-on work in membership, programs / special events and marketing / communication. Daily tasks include: assisting with member services (database management, benefit package development and implementation, renewal processing and direct mail campaigns); educational programming (development and execution) and communications (assisting with digital and print marketing, social media, research, and appraisal referral requests), as well as additional tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Work with staff to learn CitySoft (a premier membership database that is used across the country) to assist with various tasks, including:
• Updating member information and research notes
• Updating program details and registration
• Maintaining standing reports
• Provide referrals to the general public looking for an appraiser
• Use Social Media (Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) to publicize upcoming events
• Research potential new alliances and prepare files for prospects that may be interested in joining or supporting the organization
• Assist with events (registration, information packets, certificates of attendance) such as our Annual Award Luncheon (April), conferences, lectures, and in-house courses
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Interest in arts administration (including development and / or membership), fine and decorative arts, art history, event planning, non-profit and association management, and learning about the field of art appraising
· Student currently enrolled in college or university
· Strong phone and inter-personal skills
· Thorough and proactive, self-motivated and able to manage ongoing tasks
· Strong organizational, writing, and research skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and Calendar, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required
· Prior office experience preferred
January or February through early August 2019, 10 - 15 hours a week, start and end dates are flexible, as are hours. Wednesday availability preferred. Compensation: $12/hour.
· To apply for this internship, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
· In the subject line of your email enter: “Last name, 2019 Intern.”
Posted on Tue, November 27th, 2018
Expires on Mon, July 1st, 2019
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.