Printmaking Studio Assistant Internship at Lower East Side Printshop
Type: Internships [View all]
Posted by: Lower East Side Printshop
Deadline: Wed, May 15th, 2019
FALL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Lower East Side Printshop is the largest openly accessible printmaking studio in New York City. Interns are involved in all aspects of maintaining a vibrant non-profit workshop. Programs include artist residencies, fine art publishing, classes, exhibitions, lectures, and artists’ talks. Participating artists are of all creative backgrounds and career stages, including some of today’s most acclaimed artists.
The Printshop’s internships offer opportunities to learn and hone printmaking skills, gain collaborating experience, meet exciting artists and art professionals, learn about contemporary art, get an insider’s perspective on the New York City contemporary art community, and help produce new artwork that often pushes the boundaries of traditional printmaking.
Internships are available throughout the year. Interns are expected to have some working knowledge of printmaking, or a demonstrable interest. Regular attendance and a commitment to the program are required.
• Assisting the master printers with new print projects
• Preparing and organizing materials for classes and other programs in the studio
• Assisting staff with presenting public exhibitions, lectures, and other special events
• Maintaining the studios and facilities
• Light administrative tasks and data entry
Internships are unpaid, but students can receive school credit or free studio time in exchange for their donated time. Free studio time equals the amount of volunteering time, and is available Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm, Saturday and Sunday 12 noon - 6pm.
• Basic skills or a demonstrable interest in printmaking and contemporary art.
• Regular attendance and commitment to the program.
Hours: Fall (September - December): two days per week, Monday – Friday, 10am-6pm. Consecutive days are preferred, however we are willing to work around scheduling conflicts.
• Current resume of work experience
• Letter of intent explaining why an internship at LESP is important to you and what experience you would bring to the position. Also state which weekdays you might be available to work (consecutive days are preferred).
• One letter of reference
DEADLINE: Fall (September - December): May 15, 2019
Posted on Thu, April 18th, 2019
Expires on Wed, May 15th, 2019
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.