Studio Assistant Internship
Type: Internships [View all]
Posted by: Lower East Side Printshop
Deadline: Mon, August 1st, 2022
Lower East Side Printshop is the largest openly accessible printmaking studio in New York City. The Printshop’s programs include artist residencies, fine art publishing, contract printing, exhibitions, lectures, and artists’ talks. Participating artists are of all creative backgrounds and career stages, including some of today’s most acclaimed artists. Interns are involved in all aspects of maintaining a vibrant non-profit workshop.
The Printshop’s internships offer opportunities to learn and hone printmaking skills, learn about collaborating with artists, learn about contemporary art, get an insider’s perspective on the New York City contemporary art community, and help produce new artwork that often pushes the boundaries of traditional printmaking.
Interns are expected to have some working knowledge of printmaking.
Internships are unpaid. Students can receive school credit in exchange for the internship hours, or $25/day compensation for lunch and transportation.
• Assisting printers with new print projects
• Preparing and organizing materials in the studio
• Maintaining the studios facilities
• Light administrative tasks and data entry
• Assisting staff with presenting special events
• Basic skills or a demonstrable interest in printmaking and contemporary art.
• Two days (16 hours) per week commitment. Studio hours are from 10am to 6pm, Monday – Friday.
• Proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
• Current resume of work experience
• Letter of intent explaining why an internship at LESP is important to you and what experience you would bring to the position. Also state which two weekdays you might be available to work.
• One letter of reference
DEADLINE for Fall Internship (September – December, 2022): AUGUST 1, 2022
Please visit https://www.printshop.org/internships/ to fill out the application form.
Posted on Tue, June 21st, 2022
Expires on Mon, August 1st, 2022
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.