CAA 112th Annual Conference, 2024
Chicago, IL, February 14–17, 2024 (Virtual component details forthcoming)
Hilton Chicago, 720 South Michigan Avenue
The CAA Annual Conference is the largest professional convening of art historians, artists, designers, curators, and visual art professionals. The 2024 Annual Conference is scheduled to take place February 14—17, 2024 in Chicago, Illinois (with virtual component details forthcoming).
Each year we offer sessions submitted by our members, committees, and affiliated societies. The session, workshop, and presentation submissions portal for the CAA 112th Annual Conference (AC2024) was open March 15, 2023–April 25, 2023. The Annual Conference Committee and Council of Readers review hundreds of submissions annually, considering subject areas and themes that arise from proposals to present a diverse, proposal-driven conference.
See more info on our FAQ page.
Thank you to all who submitted a session, workshop, or presentation proposal for the CAA 112th Annual Conference!
Proposals may be submitted even if you are not a current member of CAA. However, all session participants (chair, presenter, and/or discussant) must join CAA as an individual member within 90 days of receiving notification of acceptance.
Affiliated Societies may request a business meeting during the 2024 Annual conference before September 18, 2023.
Note for CAA Committees and Affiliated Societies: Though Committees and Affiliated Societies receive a guaranteed at each CAA Annual Conference, proposals for these guaranteed sessions must be submitted using the submissions portal during the March 15–April 25 Call for Proposals period in order to participate in the AC2024 Conference. All participation rules apply.
- Mid July: Submitters notified of acceptance or rejection.
- July 20 – August 31: Call for Participation in Sessions Soliciting Contributors; chairs of accepted sessions soliciting contributors accept presentation proposals directly from submitters.
- September 18: Deadline for Chairs of Sessions Soliciting Contributors to make their decisions, and directly notify their accepted presenters.
- September 18: Deadline for Affiliated Society Business Meeting requests.
- September 25: Deadline for Chairs of Sessions Soliciting Contributors to finalize their Session entry in the CAA Speaker’s Corner.
- September 28: Deadline for Reunion or Reception requests.
- Early October: Annual Conference Schedule posts online, Registration opens.
- December 7: Deadline for accommodation requests for in-person and/or online presenter access sent to CAA (email@example.com)
- February 14–17, 2024: CAA 2024 Annual Conference, Hilton Chicago, (Virtual component details forthcoming)
Please check back regularly for updates, in case there are changes to the schedule.
Last updated September 11, 2023.