Mission, Vision, and Values Statements
The College Art Association (CAA) promotes the visual arts and their understanding through committed practice and intellectual engagement.
The College Art Association advances the highest standards of instruction, knowledge and practice in the visual arts to stimulate intellectual curiosity and advance skills that enrich the individual and society.
To realize this vision College Art Association will:
1. Represent, promote and advocate for the visual arts nationally and internationally;
2. Create new opportunities for dialogue among members;
3. Explore new forms of communication using innovative and improved technology;
4. Address career development and workforce issues to assist professional growth;
5. Strengthen organizational leadership, membership and financial support.
Representing a diverse community of visual-arts professionals, CAA promotes:
- Originality and excellence in the creation, interpretation, and teaching of visual arts;
- Contributions to society by visual-arts professionals;
- Exchange and dissemination of diverse artistic and scholarly viewpoints, nationally and internationally;
- Support, collaboration, and advocacy for professionals in the fields of art, art history, design, and visual studies;
- Ethical standards and practices in the visual arts.