Benefits for Individual Members
Join the largest international visual-arts association today and connect to CAA's vital community of artists, art historians, and other professionals in the visual arts. For over a century, CAA has served the professional interests of its members and the visual arts field at large. CAA members are part of an exclusive network that provides access to targeted career services, the latest art-world news, and today's best original writing on art, research in art history, and critical reviews. When you attend CAA’s Annual Conference, you will have the opportunity to expand your professional network, participate in compelling sessions covering the full range of art history and visual culture, and hone your skills in a professional-development workshop, mentoring session, or portfolio review.
To learn more about CAA’s membership, please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1.
Join today and receive these exclusive member benefits:
- Annual subscription to The Art Bulletin (the preeminent journal for art historians, first published in 1913) or Art Journal (a cutting-edge publication of contemporary art and ideas)
- caa.reviews – an online journal devoted to the review of books, exhibitions, and related media
- Networking – access to our online Member Directory, which is searchable by first and last name, organization or institution name, and city, state, and country
- Annual Conference – member rate for the world’s largest forum for professionals in the visual arts
- Online Career Center – search the latest employment listings, apply for jobs online, post CVs, request email alerts, and more
- Career Services – interview for jobs, participate in mentoring sessions, attend professional-development workshops, and network with colleagues at the Annual Conference
- JSTOR – online, searchable access to all archived issues of The Art Bulletin and Art Journal (up to the three most recent years)
- JPASS – a 50 percent discount on JSTOR’s individual access plan
- CAA News – automatic subscription to the weekly email newsletter that provides information on CAA’s activities, including conference updates, calls for participation, funding opportunities, member achievements, and more
- Low-Cost Healthcare Referrals – available through Fractured Atlas
- Discounts – special rates on advertising, limited-edition Benefit Prints, Art Journal Artists’ Projects, and subscriptions to more than fifty art periodicals (please log into your CAA account for more information)
- Governance – nominate and vote for candidates for the Board of Directors, serve on the Board of Directors and CAA committees, chair or participate in Annual Conference sessions, and nominate candidates for CAA Awards for Distinction
- ACLS Humanities E-Book – individual annual subscriptions to an online, cross-searchable database of over 4,000 monographs in the humanities, including many CAA monographs
- Membership Partners – special discounts and prices for an array of products and services, from credit cards to car rentals to auto and home insurance
Donor Circle and Life Membership Benefits
Benefits include all of the above benefits plus:
- Subscriptions to both The Art Bulletin and Art Journal
- Donor listing in the Acknowledgments section of CAA’s website
Memberships at the Sponsoring level and higher also receive:
- Exclusive invitations to VIP events
Life Membership entitles you to all of the above benefits for life.
To comply with the US Internal Revenue Code, the amount of dues paid in excess of $205 is tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Membership levels outside of the Donor Circle are not tax deductible as these discounted levels of membership are subsidized by CAA.
Download and print the Individual Membership Application to mail or fax.
Download and print the Joint/Secondary Membership Application to mail or fax.