Institutional membership represents a significant engagement with current scholarship, theory, criticism, education, and practice in the visual arts. Join today and connect to CAA's vital international community of not only artists, scholars, curators, and educators, but also museums, libraries, departments of art and art history at colleges and universities, publishers, and other professional and commercial organizations.
Membership Categories and Benefits
Select a membership category below to view the benefits associated with that level.
View Department/Museum Member benefits
- new! Purchase institutional-discounted student memberships (discounted rate: $50; regular student rate: $60) for your students and register them for the Annual Conference at a further discounted student rate (discounted rate: $95; regular student rate $110).
- Publications – Online access and print subscriptions to both of CAA’s renowned publications, The Art Bulletin (the preeminent journal for art historians) and Art Journal (a cutting-edge publication of contemporary art and ideas); CAA’s online journal caa.reviews is now fully open access
- Advertising – Member rate (20 percent discount) on all CAA advertising, including ads in The Art Bulletin, Art Journal, caa.reviews, and conference publications
- Annual Conference – Registration for up to ten faculty and staff members at the reduced, individual-member rate during the early and advance periods, and member rate on Interview Hall booths and tables at the Annual Conference
- Online Career Center –Your first thirty-day Online Career Center job listing at half price and member rate on all subsequent job listings
- Institutional News Listings – Bimonthly listings in the Institutional News section of the CAA website
- Mailing List Discounts – Member rate on rentals of CAA’s targeted and customizable mailing lists
- ACLS Humanities E-Book – Discount for an institutional subscription to ACLS Humanities E-Book, an online, cross-searchable database of over 4,000 monographs in the humanities, including many CAA monographs
- CAA News – Automatic subscription to the weekly email newsletter that provides information on CAA’s activities, including conference updates, calls for participation, funding opportunities, member achievements, and more
View Academic/Corporate Member benefits
All the benefits of a Department/Museum Membership, plus:
- Online Career Center – Free individual membership for one staff member, who can view full ads as job-seekers see them
- Annual Conference – Free space for a reunion, reception, or special event at CAA’s Annual Conference
- Book and Trade Fair – Member rate on exhibitor booths and tables at the largest international gathering of professionals in the visual arts
View information about becoming a Journal Subscriber
If your institution only needs access to CAA’s journals, you can become a Journal Subscriber, serviced directly by CAA’s copublishing partner, Routledge, Taylor & Francis. The price of subscriptions to The Art Bulletin and Art Journal will be $581 and operate on a calendar-year basis. Subscribers will receive both print and online access. For more information and to subscribe, contact Routledge, Taylor & Francis at email@example.com or 800-354-1420.
Please note the following policies:
- Institutional membership term is January 1–December 31.
- Institutional membership payments that arrive beginning July 1 will be applied to the following year’s membership term.
- Institutional membership is not transferable to individuals or among departments, libraries, or museums within a college or university.