Awards, Grants, Fellowships
Citizen Artist Fellow Program Nominations
Type: Awards, Grants, Fellowships [View all]
Posted by: The Kennedy Center
Deadline: Sat, December 22nd, 2018
Here is a brief summary of the Kennedy Center Citizen Artist Fellow Program:
· The year-long Program celebrates artists in the U.S. utilizing their work for positive community impact and connection.
· The Kennedy Center provides fellows with resources, opportunities, and support to strengthen connections in their field and advance their work.
· The fellows help the Kennedy Center understand broader issues, reach new audiences, and learn through their art.
Read more about the format and content of the Program here.
Below are two examples of current Citizen Artist Fellows (more on the 2018-19 fellows here).
· Omar Offendum is a Syrian-American rapper/poet living in Los Angeles. Known for his blend of Hip Hop and Arabic poetry, he’s appeared on prominent news outlets, at prestigious academic institutions, major cultural organizations, and helped raise millions for humanitarian groups.
· Musician/composer Shaw Pong Liu engages communities through multidisciplinary collaborations, music, and social dialogue. She started Code Listen, a project using music to build relationships between Boston police, teen artists, families surviving homicide, and local musicians, to support healing and dialogue around gun violence, racism, and police practices.
Information about eligibility as well as the nomination form can be found here.
Nominations are due by December 22, 2018.
Posted on Thu, November 15th, 2018
Expires on Sat, December 22nd, 2018
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.