Awards, Grants, Fellowships
Travel Grant to attend CAA meeting in 2020
Type: Awards, Grants, Fellowships [View all]
Posted by: Society of Historians of Eastern European, Eurasian, and Russian Art and Architecture (SHERA)
Deadline: Tue, October 1st, 2019
Thanks to a generous donation from an anonymous donor, the Society of Historians of Eastern European, Eurasian, and Russian Art and Architecture (SHERA) Graduate Student / Independent Scholar Travel Grant helps defray travel costs for two graduate students or independent scholars annually presenting papers at either the CAA Annual Conference or the ASEEES Annual Convention. The grant was first awarded in 2017 and will continue to be awarded through 2021.
The next SHERA Graduate Student / Independent Scholar Travel Grant of up to $1,000 for local travel and up to $1,500 for international travel will be awarded to one member presenting a paper at the CAA Annual Convention being held in Chicago from February 12-15, 2020.
DEADLINE: October 1, 2019, with notification October 15, 2019.
Applications will be evaluated based on the academic merit of the paper and financial need. SHERA is especially committed to subsidizing a graduate student or independent scholar who is attending the conference for the first time and presenting a paper, and who has no local institutional support for travel. Eligible independent scholars are those SHERA members who have been awarded the Ph.D. within the previous five years. For the CAA 2020 grant, applications are limited to those who have received the Ph.D. no earlier than 2015.
1. All applicants must be a student working at either the master’s or doctoral level with a thesis or dissertation topic related to Eastern European, Eurasian and/or Russian art and/or Architecture OR an independent scholar presenting in those areas who has been awarded the Ph.D. within the previous five years. For the CAA 2020 grant, applications are limited to those who have received the Ph.D. no earlier than 2015.
2. The applicant must be presenting a paper contributing to advancement in this field at a panel at the CAA Annual Conference in 2020. Chairs, discussants, or any participant NOT giving a paper are ineligible.
3. Applicants must be members of SHERA at the time of application. To become a member, click here.
4. Applicants must live outside the conference city.
5. Applicants cannot have been a recipient of this grant in the past.
1. the title and a brief description of your paper (no more than 250 words);
2. a brief CV (no more than two pages);
3. the names of the chair(s) and the title of the panel in which the applicant is participating;
4. and, a brief statement demonstrating need.
All application materials must be submitted in one .pdf file to email@example.com Applications are due October 1, 2019 for notification on October 15.
Posted on Tue, August 20th, 2019
Expires on Tue, October 1st, 2019
CAA is not responsible for the content of listings in the Opportunities section. All postings are subject to review; inappropriate submissions will not be published.