111th CAA Annual Conference
New York, NY, February 15—18, 2023 (with in-person and virtual sessions)
The Annual Conference is a major part of CAA’s history and transformation, a program that strengthens and engages our overall membership. The conference is the largest professional convening of art historians, artists, designers, curators, and visual art professionals. Each year we offer sessions submitted by our members, committees, and affiliated societies offering a wide range of content.
The Annual Conference Committee and Council of Readers review hundreds of submissions annually. They take into account subject areas and themes that arise from accepted proposals to present as broad and diverse a program as possible.
The Call for Proposals invited submissions for the 2023 CAA Annual Conference. Proposals were submitted from March 13–April 26, 2022.
***NOW OPEN*** Call for Participation for Sessions Soliciting Contributors
Chairs of accepted Sessions Soliciting Contributors are now accepting presentation proposals directly from submitters from until August 31, 2022.View abstracts and more details
Not a current member? You can still submit! If an individual’s proposal is accepted and they are not a current member, they must join CAA within 90 days of acceptance. All session participants (chair, presenter, discussant) must be/become current Individual CAA members, as well as register for the conference.
The Annual Conference is currently scheduled to take place in New York, NY, February 15–18, 2023, in-person and virtual sessions. The Annual Conference Committee and CAA leadership, in collaboration with CAA Professional Committees, is reviewing the 2022 Annual Conference feedback to determine the best format, size, and length of the 2023 program for all constituencies. Updates will follow, and more details will be communicated to CAA committees, members, and submitters as they become available.
For more details or if you have any questions, please read our CAA 2023 FAQ.
CAA AFFILIATED SOCIETIES AND CAA COMMITTEES
CAA Affiliated Societies and CAA Committees may each submit a session using the dedicated forms. Participation rules apply.
We encourage affiliates and committees to consider participating in year-round programming. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Please be sure to confirm dates regularly as they may shift, thank you for your understanding. This list is up to date as of July 21, 2022.
- March 14 – April 26, 11:59 p.m. EDT: Submissions accepted for CAA 2023.
- May – June: Review by the Council of Readers and the Annual Conference Committee.
- Mid July: Acceptance notifications sent to submitters.
- July 21 – August 31: Chairs of accepted Sessions Soliciting Contributors will accept presentation proposals directly from submitters during the Call for Participation.
- September 14: Deadline for Chairs of Sessions Soliciting Contributors to make their decisions, directly notify their accepted presenters and add to Session entry.
- September 14: Affiliated Society business meeting requests due
- October 1: 2023 Conference schedule is posted and registration opens
- December 7: Accommodation requests (for in-person or online presenter access) sent to CAA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- February 15–18, 2023: CAA 2023 Annual Conference [full details to be determined]
Page updated July 21, 2022. Check back regularly for updates!