CAA 2022 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
CHICAGO, IL, FEBRUARY 16–19, 2022 (Anticipated)
The CAA Annual Conference is the largest professional convening of art historians, artists, designers, curators, and others in the visual arts. Each year we offer sessions submitted by our members, committees, and affiliated societies offering a wide range of program content.
The Annual Conference Committee & Council of Readers review over 1,000 submissions each year. They take into account subject areas and themes that arise from accepted proposals to present as broad and diverse a program as possible.
The Call for Proposals gives CAA members the opportunity to submit for the 2022 CAA Annual Conference. Proposals must be submitted from March 1 through April 30, 2021.
Upon acceptance all session participants (chair, presenter, discussant) must be/become current Individual CAA members, and ALSO register for the conference, in order to participate in a session. See more details below.
CAA schedules the conference program so that overlap of content is as infrequent as possible. However, given the number of sessions, and the format, this is not always possible.
The Annual Conference is currently scheduled to take place in Chicago, IL, February 16–19, 2022. The Annual Conference Committee and CAA leadership, in collaboration with CAA Professional Committees, is reviewing the 2021 Annual Conference to determine the best format, size, and length of the 2022 program for all constituencies. Updates will follow, and more details will be communicated to the membership as they become available.
CAA AFFILIATED SOCIETIES AND CAA COMMITTEES
CAA Affiliated Societies and CAA Committees may each submit information for one guaranteed session in either the “CAA Affiliated Societies and CAA Professional Committee - Complete Session” form or “CAA Affiliated Societies and CAA Professional Committee - Sessions Soliciting Contributors” form, according to the general session proposal deadlines. Participation rules apply.
You will need the following to submit:
- Your individual CAA Member ID and account password. Log in to the portal with your CAA Member ID and password. If you are not yet a member of CAA, join now, or email email@example.com to request a non-member CAA ID.
- CVs for chairs, discussants, workshop leaders, posters, individual presentation submissions (shortened CVs preferred)
- Title and abstract (250 words max.) for your session or presentation.
- Select five CAA Fields of Study that best represent your proposal. The first five selected will be viewed during the review process. See our full fields of study list.
- Possible scheduling conflicts
- CVs for chairs, workshop leaders, posters, individual presentation submissions (shortened CVs preferred)
- For Complete Sessions, collect all CAA IDs, names and affiliations of session participants (chairs, presenters, discussants), presentation titles, and abstracts (250 words maximum). Participants can be added to your session either by name or email and must have a CAA Member ID or non-member ID
- You may include images with to your session or presentation proposal. This is optional and is meant to complement your abstract. You may include up to 5 images, in jpeg format. Each image may be no larger than 10 MB
- Check this page regularly for updates.
KEY DATES for CAA 2022
March 1–April 30: Submissions accepted for CAA 2022.
May–June: Review by the Council of Readers and the Annual Conference Committee.
Early August: Acceptance notifications sent for submissions entered by the April 30 deadline.
August 12–September 16: Chairs of accepted Sessions Soliciting Contributors, will accept proposals directly from submitters during the Call for Participation.
Early September: Notification of schedule is sent to accepted submissions entered by the April 30 deadline. Chairs are responsible for notifying their participants.
September 15: Deadline for Poster Sessions, Workshops and Exhibitor Session submissions.
September 23: Deadline for Chairs of Sessions Soliciting Contributors to make their decisions and directly notify submitters of their acceptance decisions.
February 16–19, 2022: CAA 2022 Annual Conference
Page updated February 22, 2021. Check back regularly for updates!