MILLARD MEISS PUBLICATION FUND
Twice a year, CAA awards grants through the Millard Meiss Publication Fund to support book-length scholarly manuscripts in the history of art, visual studies, and related subjects that have been accepted by a publisher on their merits, but cannot be published in the most desirable form without a subsidy. Thanks to the generous bequest of the late Prof. Millard Meiss, CAA began awarding these publishing grants in 1975.
Books eligible for a Meiss grant must currently be under contract with a publisher and be on a subject in the arts or art history. The deadlines for the receipt of applications are March 15 and September 15 of each year. Please review the Application Guidelines for complete instructions.
- Annette de Stecher, Wendat Women’s Art, McGill-Queen’s University Press
- Cécile Fromont, Images on a Mission in Early Modern Kongo and Angola, Pennsylvania State University Press
- Sylvia Houghteling, The Art of Cloth in Mughal India, Princeton University Press
- Pamela Karimi, Alternative Iran: Contemporary Art and Critical Spatial Practice, Stanford University Press
- Meredith Martin, The Sun King at Sea: Maritime Art and Galley Slavery in Louis XIV’s France, Getty Research Institute
- Ying-Chen Peng, Artful Subversion: Empress Dowager Cixi’s Image Making in Art, Yale University Press
- Yael Rice, Agents of Insight: Artists, Books, and Painting in Mughal South Asia, University of Washington Press
- Sarah-Neel Smith, Metrics of Modernity: Art and Development in Postwar Turkey, University of California Press
- Bert Winther-Tamaki, Tsuchi: An Environmental History of Contemporary Japanese Art, University of Minnesota Press
Read a list of all recipients of the Millard Meiss Publication Fund from 1975 to the present. The list is alphabetized by author’s last name and includes book titles and publishers.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.