Programs » Annual Conference
112th CAA Annual Conference FAQ
The 112th CAA Annual Conference will take place at the Chicago Hilton, Chicago, IL, February 14–17, 2024 (Virtual component to be determined) with in-person and virtual sessions, our Book and Trade Fair, and special events. In response to the feedback from conference attendees and participants, CAA will work to improve the Annual Conference experience. We look forward to seeing you again in 2024.
Updated March 10, 2023.
2024 Conference Format
- We just concluded a very successful Annual Conference in New York, NY, February 15–18, 2023, with in-person and virtual sessions. The 112th CAA Annual Conference will take place at the Chicago Hilton, Chicago, IL, February 14–17, 2024 in-person sessions and a virtual component (schedule under consideration.) The Annual Conference Committee and CAA leadership, in collaboration with CAA Professional Committees, is reviewing the 2023 Annual Conference survey feedback to determine the best format, size, and length of the 2024 program for all constituencies. Updates will follow, and more details will be communicated to CAA committees, members, and submitters as they become available.
- Sessions, Workshops, Meetings, the Book and Trade Fair, and our signature events and receptions.
- Due to popular demand CAA will accept workshop proposals for CAA 2024 during the same proposals period as sessions (March 15 – April 25, 2023, see more at this page). If your proposal is focused on workshop activities such as knowledge sharing, group exercises / discussion of a focused issue or technique, submit using the workshop form.
- Workshops may include, but are not limited to, the following topics: grant writing; pedagogy; diversity and inclusion; job searching and networking; publishing strategies; online learning platforms and technology; financial planning and negotiation; art-making (no wet processes). Workshop leaders will submit a workshop description (50 words), workshop leader biography (50 words) and short syllabus (255 words).
- As CAA works to build year-round programming beyond the conference, our goal is to create opportunities for more member collaboration.
- The submission forms will open March 15, and close April 25, 2023. See this page for details about the program and how to submit.
- The Annual Conference Committee and CAA leadership, in collaboration with CAA Professional Committees, is reviewing the 2023 Annual Conference feedback to determine the best format, size, and length of the 2024 program for all constituencies.
- Updates will follow, and more details will be communicated to CAA committees, members, and submitters as they become available.
- If you have never been a member of CAA, you will be prompted to create an account with us, and may submit before joining.
- Upon acceptance to the conference, non-member and lapsed member submitters must join within 90 days or be removed from the program.
- Read more about the program and what is needed to submit.
- All session participants must be CAA Individual Members through the conference dates.
- Submissions may be submitted before joining CAA by creating an account here. Take all steps before payment. Upon acceptance bring the account current.
- All session participants must register for the conference
- Three ways to participate at CAA: all session participants may take part in the conference in up to three ways each year. They may serve as a: 1) Session Chair or Workshop Leader; 2) Paper/Project Presenter; and 3) Session Discussant. Each member may not, however, serve in any single role more than once per conference.
- Your session, presentation or paper content, may not have been published previously or presented at another scholarly conference.
- You may submit to multiple sessions but may deliver only one presentation during the conference. If you have multiple accepted presentations, you must withdraw all but one by notifying the Chair(s).
- If your Individual Paper/Presentation proposal was accepted during CAA's spring submission call, you may still apply to a session listed in the summer Call for Participation. However, if accepted to multiple sessions, you must withdraw all but one accepted presentation per conference.
- Session chairs and presenters must sign the conference participation agreement, which can be found in the Speaker’s Corner. This is separate from granting permission for CAA to record your presentation. The agreement is available in your Speaker’s Corner. Check for emails from email@example.com.
- Session discussants are not required to sign the participation agreement as they do not give a presentation per se and their remarks are part of the Q&A and not recorded. Discussants who wish to share a presentation or be recorded should have their session chair contact CAA as soon as possible.
- No, it is not required. Session participants may elect in their Speakers Corner not to have their presentation recorded and still participate. In that scenario only those who attend live (in-person or virtual sessions) will hear the contribution.
- CAA encourages everyone to allow recording of their session. Allowing your presentation to be recorded increases opportunities for conference registrants around the world to engage with your content and connect with you. The recording (of your presentation and audio) will also be archived by CAA per the participation agreement.
- Participation agreements and recording permissions are collected from session chairs and presenters through their Speaker’s Corner. If you are a participant, access your Speaker’s Corner via the link in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discussants are not required to sign the participation agreement since they do not give a presentation per se and their remarks are part of the Q&A and not recorded. Discussants who wish to share a presentation and/or be recorded should contact CAA as soon as possible.
- Recordings will be captioned and posted for access by registrants in the Conference Schedule as part of the Annual Conference until April 17, 2023. Recordings will then be archived in CAA’s records with possible use in the promotion of the Association and the Annual Conference.
- Yes! The participation agreement only disallows sales or promotion of a commercial product or service as part of your presentation.