CAA-GOLDEN Scholarship Program
CAA is happy to announce a new scholarship that supports artists whose mission it is to give back to their communities through teaching, while nurturing and developing their own talents and capabilities as artists. Funded by Golden Artist Colors, Inc., CAA will grant two unrestricted scholarships of $8,000 each on an annual basis to artists who are pursuing a career in K-12 education. Grantees will also receive two weeks at the Sam and Adele Golden Foundation Residency Program and $1000 towards GOLDEN products. In addition, grantees will receive a free one-year CAA membership and complimentary registration for the next Annual Conference.
Each awardee’s scholarship may be renewed by CAA for one additional year pending review. Renewal requests detailing a need for ongoing support for their goals in becoming educators should be received by the end of the calendar year of the original scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
Applicants must be an MFA holder or MFA candidate in their final semester with full-time enrollment or proof of acceptance and the expectation of full-time enrollment in a Masters-level program satisfying certification requirements to be a teacher. Teaching certificate programs will not be accepted.
Applications are judged in relation to the merit of the applicant’s work and the applicability of their goals to the funding program. These scholarships are open to practitioners of all visual media and studio disciplines.
The Jury shall give preference to applicants who both are from and are interested in teaching in underserved communities (e.g., indigenous, rural, urban, peoples of color).
Applicants must be available to take part in the residency in July the first year of their fellowship. GOLDEN will cover travel expenses in addition to the scholarship funding.
Completed applications must include the following:
- CV or resume
- Personal/artist’s statement (up to 1,000 words), including:
- Motivation for pursuing a career in education
- Timetable for MA in education program completion
- Evidence of participation in or completion of an MFA program (e.g. letter from head of department, transcripts, certificate, etc.
- Evidence of acceptance to or enrollment in MA program
- Link to website portfolio (if applicable)
- Portfolio of work (up to six images or five minutes of video, but not both)
- Allowed Media Types:
- Images (up to 5MB each, maximum six images)
- Video (up to 10MB each, maximum five minutes)
- Only an Individual CAA Member ID or non-member CAA ID will allow you to sign into the submission forms. If you do not have an ID, please contact our membership department.
- Institutional Member IDs cannot be used to create a submission.
- If you are having trouble logging in, try a different browser. We recommend Chrome to alleviate login issues.
- Make sure to start your application well in advance to avoid last-minute technical issues.
The deadline for application materials is March 15.
Questions? Please contact Cali Buckley, Manager of Grants and Awards & Director of the CAA-Getty International Program, at email@example.com.