ABOUT THE GRANT
CAA will award a limited number of grants to international members, students, emerging scholars, practitioners, and artists who are CAA members participating in the conference to support their ability to take part in the Annual Conference.
Support Grants of up to $100 may include support for but is not limited to technology (i.e. headphones, microphones, cameras, virtual conferencing accounts, bandwidth, upgrade technology), childcare, family care, travel, or other resources beyond what is normally necessary for participation in the conference. Support must occur during the conference dates. Attendees are responsible for their own arrangements. Original receipts will be required thirty days after the conference and reimbursements will be made within a month after processing.
- Current CAA membership (active from time of application through the conference) is required
- Priority is given to conference session participants
- No significant funding from other sources to support conference attendance
- Only one support grant maybe given per family
- Applications open October 15 and close November 15
The following application materials must be submitted:
- A completed online application. This includes:
- CAA membership number
- A one-page statement of no more than 150 words
Examples of allowable expenses - Must be incurred during conference dates
- Childcare or caretaking expenses incurred to allow your focused participation in the conference.
- Daycare above and beyond what is normally scheduled because member is attending the conference (for example: overtime at a daycare center, cost of a childcare provider or caretaker, etc.)
- Travel expenses incurred
- Travel expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver/family member to supervise your child or family member in your home, or to bring a child or family member to a caregiver/family member.
- Technology upgrade (i.e. headphones, microphones, cameras, virtual conferencing accounts, expanded bandwidth, upgrade technology)
Expenses not eligible for reimbursement
- Expenses for scheduled care or normally required technology.
- Toys or tickets to activities.
- Conference registration, meals, or other expenses the attendee would normally incur.
- Only an Individual CAA Member ID or non-member CAA ID will allow you to sign into the submission forms. If you do not have an ID, please contact our membership department.
- Institutional Member IDs can not be used to create a submission.
- If you are having trouble logging in, try a different browser. We recommend Chrome to alleviate login issues.
- Make sure to start your application well in advance to avoid last-minute technical issues.
For inquiries and upcoming deadlines, please contact Cali Buckley, Content Manager, Education and Intellectual Property, at email@example.com.
CAA reimburses grantees after the conference upon receiving digital or scanned receipts with the price clearly printed on them. Receipts are due no later than thirty days after the end of the conference. Reimbursements will be distributed within 3-4 weeks after CAA’s receipt of complete documentation.