You may reach Member Services by telephone at 212-691-1051, ext. 1; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; and by fax at 212-627-2381. CAA’s address is 50 Broadway, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10004. Office hours are Monday–Friday, 9:00 AM–5:00 PM EST.
Individual Membership FAQs
1. Why should I join CAA?
CAA membership gives you exclusive access to career services, networking opportunities, and internationally renowned publications. You also benefit from CAA’s powerful advocacy initiatives and participate in the world’s best-attended visual-arts conference. When you become a CAA member, you join a vital network that supports the highest standards in scholarship, theory, criticism, education, and practice in the visual arts.
2. What do my membership dues support?
Your membership dues help CAA to serve the visual-arts community by allowing us to provide travel grants for students and international members, carry out advocacy initiatives, publish scholarly journals, subsidize discounted memberships for students, part-time faculty, and independent professionals, and administrate professional-development programs.
3. Are my membership dues tax-deductible?
To comply with the US Internal Revenue Code, the full amount of dues paid in excess of $195 is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.
4. Which Individual Membership level is right for me?
CAA offers a range of membership types based on benefits and your professional standing. Not sure what membership category to pick? Check out CAA’s individual member guide.
For an individual member who plans on attenting the Annual Conference, the best value is the Premium Membership. The Premium level provides a 55% discounted conference registration rate, resulting in a greater overall value.
5. What are the benefits and costs of becoming an Individual Member?
Please review the Individual Membership page for a full list of current member categories, benefits, and dues.
6. Does CAA offer multiple-year or automatic renewal memberships?
Yes, CAA offers a two-year option for all levels of Individual Membership. In addition, it is now possible to have your membership automatically renew at the end of its term (one-year or two-year) by calling Member Services after processing your membership online and providing your credit card information. An email reminder will be sent to you prior to your card being charged or if your card is about to expire. You can call Member Services at any time to add or update credit card information.
7. What methods of payment does CAA accept?
CAA accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover; a check drawn on a US bank; and PayPal.
8. How do I find and/or print a receipt for my Individual Membership or other payment?
To print a receipt for any CAA payment (since October 2007), please log in to your CAA account and go to the “My Invoices” page.
9. How do I join or renew my membership?
Please follow this link if you are new to CAA, or this link to renew your membership. You may also download and print the Individual Membership Application to mail to 50 Broadway, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10004, or fax to 212-627-2381. You may also email email@example.com or call 212-691-1051, ext. 1.
10. I just joined online. When do I start receiving my benefits?
You can access your CAA account immediately after you join. You will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to log in to your online CAA account, where you can edit your contact information and communication preferences; access online publications and the Member Directory; find information about member discounts; make purchases and print receipts; find Annual Conference information; and more. Your membership runs for a full year from the end of the month in which you join (unless you opt for a two-year or auto-renew membership).
11. Can I make changes to my current membership?
You can change your journal choice or upgrade your membership at any time. Please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1, to do so. Upon upgrading your membership, those benefits will be available to you immediately.
12. Can I give a membership as a gift?
Yes, CAA membership is a wonderful gift for a student, a young scholar, or a friend. You can give a gift by contacting Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1.
13. What documentation is required to sign up for a membership at the Student, Retired, or Part-Time Faculty/Independent levels?
Please submit the following documentation by email to studentID@collegeart.org, retiredID@collegeart.org, or parttimeID@collegeart.org, or by fax to 212-627-2381:
- Students must submit a current, valid student ID; you may also provide proof of student enrollment by submitting a dated class schedule or a letter from your school that confirms your enrollment
- Retired persons (65 or older) must submit an official ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, that lists their date of birth
- Part-time faculty must submit their title and affiliation; independent professionals must submit their website URL or resume
14. Where can I find my CAA user ID#?
Your CAA user ID# can be found on your CAA membership card, on your journal’s mailing label, and in your membership email confirmation. You may also retrieve your CAA user ID# by using this link.
15. How do I create or reset my password?
Please follow this link to create or reset your password.
16. I’ve tried to access my account but received a message saying “multiple accounts matched this email address. “ How can I resolve this?
Please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1.
17. How do I update my name, address, and other contact information?
To manage your personal and professional contact information, please log in to your CAA account and click the link for “Contact Info” on the left side of the page.
18. When will I receive my membership card?
You can expect to receive your membership card in the mail within four weeks of renewing or joining.
19. I lost my membership card. How can I get a new one?
Please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1, to request a replacement card.
20. My CAA account has been marked with “Do not contact by email.” How do I remove this?
If you wish to receive email messages from CAA and your primary email address on record is valid, please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1. If your email address is invalid please log in to your CAA account, go to the “Contact Info” page, and update your email address.
21. How do I unsubscribe from CAA emails?
To update your communication preferences, please log in to your CAA account and click the link for “Manage Communication Preferences” on the right side of the Welcome page. To unsubscribe from CAA News, click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the newsletter email.
22. How do I access JSTOR after I’ve paid for it?
Please log in to your CAA account and click the JSTOR link on the Welcome page. You will then be logged in to JSTOR and can search back issues of The Art Bulletin and Art Journal up through the last three years (there is a moving wall so the most recent three years are not available).
23. Can I gain access to other journals in JSTOR?
CAA members can subscribe to JPASS, JSTOR’s individual-access plan to more than 1,500 journals, for $99 per year—a 50 percent discount off the nonmember price. For more information, log in to your CAA account, click the link to “Member Benefits” page on the left, and click the link to JPASS.
24. When will I receive my first issue of The Art Bulletin or Art Journal?
Art Journal is published quarterly, in spring, summer, fall, and winter. The Art Bulletin is published in March, June, September, and December. You will receive four print issues (of every journal to which you are subscribed; higher-level membership categories include print subscriptions to both The Art Bulletin and Art Journal, while other categories offer print subscription to only one) with each year of membership, but your membership period will determine which issues you receive. All CAA members have access to the online versions of The Art Bulletin and Art Journal and to caa.reviews.
24b. How do I access online versions of CAA’s journals?
To access the online portal where you can read The Art Bulletin and Art Journal, log in to your CAA account and click on the "Member Access to Journals Online" link on the homepage. You can read caa.reviews online at www.caareviews.org.
25. I have not received my printed copy of The Art Bulletin or Art Journal. What can I do?
Please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1, for assistance. Have your CAA user ID# handy and be ready to indicate which publication and issue you are missing and the mailing address to which it should be sent. Please note that the publication of an issue may occasionally be delayed.
26. How do I add an additional publication to my membership or change my journal choice?
Members who receive only one print publication (The Art Bulletin or Art Journal) as part of their benefit package may elect to purchase a second journal for $65 per year. To add a second journal or change your existing journal choice, please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1. You can also add a second publication to your membership package when you renew or join online.
27. How do I order a back issue of The Art Bulletin or Art Journal?
Please contact Routledge, Taylor & Francis, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-354-1420, to purchase back issues.
28. Who should I contact with questions about CAA that aren’t related to my membership?
Click here for a list of CAA departments and staff contacts.
Institutional Membership FAQs
1. Why join as an Institutional Member?
Institutional Membership represents a significant engagement with current scholarship, theory, criticism, education, and practice in the visual arts. Join today and connect to CAA’s vital international community of not only artists, scholars, curators, and educators, but also museums, libraries, departments of art and art history at colleges and universities, publishers, and other professional and commercial organizations.
2. What are the benefits and costs of Institutional Membership?
Please visit the Institutional Membership page for a list of member categories, benefits, and dues.
3. Does CAA accept purchase orders for Institutional Membership?
CAA does not accept purchase orders. You may, however, use American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover; checks drawn on a US bank; and PayPal for most purchases.
4. What if my institution only needs access The Art Bulletin and Art Journal (no other benefits)?
In this case, you can become a Journal Subscriber, serviced directly by CAA’s copublishing partner, Routledge, Taylor & Francis. A subscription to The Art Bulletin and Art Journal costs $581 and operates on a calendar-year basis (January 1–December 31). Subscribers will receive both the printed journals and online access to them. For more information and to subscribe, contact Routledge, Taylor & Francis, at email@example.com or 800-354-1420.
5. How do I update the Primary Contact for my Institutional Membership?
To update the Primary Contact for your membership, please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1, and supply CAA with the name and email address of the new contact.
6. I am having trouble using the CAA Online Career Center.
All FAQs for the Online Career Center can be found here. You may also contact customer service for the Online Career Center at 888-491-8833, ext. 1085; or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How can I make a donation to the CAA Publications Fund?
Please fill out the Publications Fund contribution form and return it to CAA with a payment. You may also contact Anna Cline at 212-392-4436 with any questions. Contributions of $250 or more are acknowledged in the print publications, and caa.reviews supporters of all levels are listed on the caa.reviews website. Charitable contributions are 100 percent tax deductible.
8. Who do I contact if my institution has not received an issue of the journals or is missing one?
For any publication claims, please contact Member Services at 212-691-1051, ext. 1. If you are a Journal Subscriber, please contact Routledge, Taylor & Francis directly at email@example.com or 800-354-1420.