CAA 2019 Annual ConferenceNew York, NY, February 13—16, 2019
New York Hilton Midtown
The CAA Annual Conference is the largest professional convening of art historians, artists, designers, curators, and others in the visual arts. Each year we offer sessions submitted by our members, committees, and affiliated societies offering a wide range of program content.
The Annual Conference Committee members review over 800 submissions each year. They take into account subject areas and themes that arise from accepted proposals to present as a broad and diverse a program as possible.
For the 2019 Annual Conference the Committee selected over 300 sessions for the conference. The program also includes submissions by CAA Affiliated Societies and CAA Professional Committees.CAA schedules the conference program so that there are back-to-back sessions with similar content. However, given the number of sessions, this is not always possible. All sessions are ninety minutes in length and are scheduled Wednesday, February 13, through Saturday, February 16, in the following timeslots:
- 8:30—10:00 AM
- 10:30 AM—12:00 PM
- 2:00—3:30 PM
- 4:00—5:30 PM
- 6:00—7:30 (Thursday, February 14, and Friday, February 15, only)
GENERAL PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- Please follow the Chicago Manual of Style for your submission.
- The accuracy of information in the submission is important as, if selected, it will be transferred to the conference program, abstracts booklet, website, etc., exactly as written.
Call for Participation for accepted Sessions Soliciting Contributors
DEADLINE: August 6, 2018
DEADLINE: August 31, 2018
CAA invites proposal submissions for art-making and professional development workshops at the CAA 2019 Annual Conference. We will offer up to thirty, 60-minute workshops, which will be free and open to the public. Twenty of these workshops are generously supported by the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation and must be led by MFA students and/or entry level, part-time faculty from the New York area. Restrictions do not apply to other workshop leaders. Proposals require a workshop description (up to 50 words) with a title, syllabus, and a shortened CV.
DEADLINE: September 14, 2018
Registered exhibitors at the 2019 conference are welcome to propose full sessions or workshops (ninety minutes in length) for inclusion in the full-conference program. These sessions should convey practical information, professional expertise, or historical/scholarly content and may not be used for direct marketing, sales or promotion of products, publications, or services or programs.
Please be sure to confirm dates closer to the time as they can occasionally shift.
- March 1 – April 27: Call for Proposals (includes Complete Session, Session Soliciting Contributors, Individual Paper/Project)
- March 1 – April 27: Call for Proposals for Guaranteed Sessions from Affiliated Societies and CAA Committees (includes Complete Session and Session Soliciting Contributors)
- Early July: Notifications sent to all submitters
- July: Call for Participation for accepted Sessions Soliciting Contributors posted on CAA website
- End July: Notifications sent to accepted individual paper/project participants regarding composed session configurations
- Late August: Organizers of Sessions Soliciting Contributors finalize session information and notify accepted contributors
- Mid-September: CAA 2019 Annual Conference schedule finalized
- October 8: CAA 2019 Annual Conference schedule posted on CAA website; online conference registration opens
- December 14: Early conference registration closes
- December 17: Advance conference registration opens
- February 8: Advance conference registration closes