Career Services for Employers
CAA offers one central place, conveniently located near Registration, for Employers to interview candidates at the Annual Conference. Employers are encouraged to list their open positions in the CAA Online Career Center for maximum visibility. In order to interview candidates at the conference, Employers must post job listings online.
INTERVIEW BOOTH HOURS
Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Thursday, February 13, 2020, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday, February 14, 2020, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday, February 15, 2020, 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Location: Salon B, Lower Level
Interview booths may be booked for 90-minute time slots. Interview booths may be booked by non-exhibitors. To book your time slot, contact Robert Tofolo, chief financial officer, at email@example.com or 212-392-4422.
TIPS FOR EMPLOYERS
Visit CAA's Standards & Guidelines for comprehensive information about interviewing.
· Advertise job positions on the Online Career Center in advance of the conference. Please follow the instructions to create an account or to log into an existing account. An online job listing ensures maximum exposure to job candidates before and during the conference. List specific requirements for the position, required support materials, and your conference interviewing plans.
· Institutions and their representatives are prohibited from posting job vacancies and employer locations at the Annual Conference on walls, pillars, tables, bulletin boards, etc. Any posting will be removed and discarded.
Preparing for Interviews
· When contacting job seekers during the conference, state whether you prefer to receive digital application information or hard copy. Also state if you are receiving applications during the conference or if you are only conducting prearranged interviews.
· CAA has established Guidelines for CAA Interviews.
· Set an application deadline that is early enough to allow you to acknowledge receipt of candidates’ materials and to make the necessary advance arrangements for a meeting.
· When you make interview appointments with candidates, if possible, let them know who will be conducting the interview and provide contact information during the conference in case of missed connections.
· Schedule enough time for each interview so that candidates can learn something substantive about your institution, and you can learn something substantive about them. A good length is thirty to forty-five minutes.
· Establish basic territories the interview must cover but vary the order of the questions so that the interview does not sound “canned.”
· Stick to the allotted meeting time.
· Without using the interview as a means of airing your personal or departmental complaints, be honest about your program, your curriculum, your students, your institution, and the city or town in which it is located.
· Work as quickly as you can within your department and your administration to inform candidates about their post-interview status.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BY EMPLOYERS
I’m an interviewer. Must I register for the conference to conduct interviews?
No. You must, however, check in at the Registration area.
Do I need to register for the conference to use the Online Career Center?
No. Employer access to the Online Career Center job listings requires a current CAA membership, either individual or institutional.
Do I automatically get a conference badge to attend the conference if I’m an interviewer?
No. Being an interviewer gives you access to the Interview Booths. It does not grant access to the rest of the conference, special events, or the Book and Trade Fair. If you would like to register for the conference, register online in advance of the conference for the best rates or visit the registration area onsite.
Where can I find an internet connection for my laptop?
There will be free Wi-Fi throughout the Hilton Chicago.
How do I join CAA?
Join CAA online or, when you’re at the conference, visit us at registration in Salon B at the Hilton Chicago to complete a membership application.