posted by CAA — Jun 14, 2021
CAA is extending our call for nominations for jury participation. CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on our Awards for Distinction, Publication Grant, Fellowship, and Travel Grant juries. Terms now begin August 2021.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2021. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service. Materials are due to CAA by July 14, 2021.
Awards for Distinction Juries
CAA has vacancies in the following juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2020–2023). Terms begin in July 2021.
- Art Journal Award, one vacancy
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award for non-catalogue books in the history of art, two vacancies
- Jury for the Artist Award for Distinguished Body of Work, Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement, and Distinguished Teaching of Art Award, two vacancies
- Jury for the Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award and the Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award for Writing on Art, one vacancy
- Distinguished Feminist Awards for Scholars and Artists, two vacancies
- CAA/American Institute for Conservation Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation, one vacancy
Publication Grant Juries
CAA has vacancies on our Wyeth Foundation Publication Grant jury for three years (2021–2024) and the Terra Foundation for American Art Publication Grant jury for one year (2021 –2022).
- Wyeth Foundation Publication Grant in American Art, two vacancies
- Terra Foundation for American Art Publication Grant, three vacancies
Professional Development Fellowship Juries
CAA has vacancies on our Professional Development Fellowship juries for three years (2021–2024). Terms begin July 2021.
- Professional Development Fellowship in Visual Arts, two vacancies
- Professional Development Fellowship in Art History, two vacancies
Travel/Support Grant Juries
CAA has vacancies on our jury for three years (2021–2024). Terms begin July 2021.
- CAA Support Grant in Memory of Archibald Cason Edwards, Senior, and Sarah Stanley Gordon Edwards, one vacancy
How to Apply
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Cali Buckley: email@example.com. Nominations must be sent as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachment.
For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact Tiffany Dugan, CAA Director of Constituency Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: July 14, 2021