posted by CAA — Aug 04, 2017
College Art Association
50 Broadway, Fl 21
New York, NY 10004
Date posted: August 2, 2017
Position Title: Media and Content Manager
Supervisors: Director of Communications, Marketing, and Membership
Full-time, salaried with benefits.
Founded in 1911, the College Art Association (CAA) is the preeminent international leadership organization in the visual arts, promoting the field through intellectual engagement, advocacy, programs and a commitment to the diversity of practices and practitioners. Each year, CAA offers an Annual Conference, publishes two scholarly journals and offers a variety of other programs. Visit CollegeArt.org for a complete description of programs and offerings.
CAA has more than 9,000 members worldwide. The majority of members are curators, art historians, scholars, visual artists and designers.
- Act as lead writer and editor for the communications, marketing, and membership department. He/she will be responsible for editing and creating content for CAA’s websites, newsletters, and member communications. The content and media manager is the protector of the CAA style guide and will convey a strong understanding of CAA voice.
- Strategize and collaborate on CAA’s social media growth and outreach. The content and media manager oversees content creation for social media platforms at CAA. The media manager should feel at home in the world of social media, both at CAA offices and outside the offices. A strong grasp on digital analytics is desirable with the ability to translate those analytical findings into actionable steps for social media growth.
- Serve as point person for a variety of incoming regular member communications and updates from CAA constituencies for editing and posting to website
- Handle press relations with the director of the department, acting as a writer of press releases and disseminator of news about CAA to the media. The media and content manager will also track press mentions and coverage of CAA.
- On occasion, the media and content manager may be asked to take on editing for other CAA departments.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of four years of college, preferably in the visual arts, art history or related fields.
- Strategic thinker and strong writer who thrives in a mission-driven organization
- Experience working with the press and media, including pitching stories and writing press releases
- Understanding of membership organizations and/or non-profits, preferably in the arts.
- A passion for social media practices and growth
- A strong grasp on digital analytics for social media
- Pleasant demeanor.
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nick Obourn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Media and Content Manager and applicant’s last name in the subject line. Applications accepted until all positions are filled. Please include the names and contact information for three references who can speak to your ability to perform the tasks requested. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or political affiliation.
HOH/NO/August 2, 2017