posted by CAA — Apr 05, 2018
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on eight of the thirteen juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2018–21). Terms begin in May 2018; award years are 2019–21. CAA’s fifteen awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2018. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
Jury vacancies for spring 2018:
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award: two members
- Art Journal Award: one member
- Distinguished Feminist Award: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art Award: two members
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: two members
- Artist Award for a Distinguished Body of Work: one member
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: one member
- CAA/American Institute for Conservation Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation: one member
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages, may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Aakash Suchak, CAA grants and special programs manager; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachments. For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact Tiffany Dugan, CAA director of programs and publications.
Deadline: Monday, May 14, 2018.