posted by CAA — Apr 05, 2018
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on eight of the thirteen juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2018–21). Terms begin in May 2018; award years are 2019–21. CAA’s fifteen awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2018. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
Jury vacancies for spring 2018:
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award: two members
- Art Journal Award: one member
- Distinguished Feminist Award: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art Award: two members
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: two members
- Artist Award for a Distinguished Body of Work: one member
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: one member
- CAA/American Institute for Conservation Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation: one member
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages, may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Aakash Suchak, CAA grants and special programs manager; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachments. For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact Tiffany Dugan, CAA director of programs and publications.
Deadline extended! New deadline is: Thursday, May 31, 2018.