posted by CAA — January 23, 2014
WHEN: Monday, January 27, 2014, 3:00 PM (EST)
WHERE: RSVP and watch online here
Want to learn the ins and outs of CAA’s 102nd Annual Conference in advance so you can make the most of the four-day event? Join us online this Monday for a live, interactive Google+ Hangout to get practical tips and advice, as well as answers to all your questions! Whether you’re a job seeker, a first-time attendee, or still trying to decide whether to attend, this event will be a valuable resource for anyone hoping to learn more about the Chicago conference.
In addition to covering the basics of how to register and navigate the conference, this Hangout will cover many frequently asked questions, including:
- How do I choose among the hundreds of great sessions and events?
- What resources are available for students and emerging professionals?
- What’s the best way to make new professional contacts?
- What is the dress code? What do I need to bring with me?
- What are this year’s “can’t miss” events and sessions?
- How can the free mobile app and social media enhance my experience?
The presenters will be:
- Emmanuel Lemakis, Director of Programs, CAA
- Lauren Stark, Manager of Programs and Archivist, CAA
- Paul B. Jaskot, Professor, Art History, DePaul University; Past President, CAA
- Jacqueline Francis, Professor, Visual and Critical Studies, Painting and Drawing, California College of the Arts; Vice President for Annual Conference, CAA
- Sabina Ott, Professor, Fine Art, Columbia College Chicago; Board of Directors, CAA
- Laurel O. Peterson, Doctoral Candidate, History of Art, Yale University