posted by Christopher Howard — Aug 27, 2008
The Women’s Caucus for Art (WCA) has selected five recipients for its 2009 Lifetime Achievement Awards:
- Maren Hassinger, director of the Rinehart School of Graduate Sculpture at the Maryland Institute College of Art
- Ester Hernandez, a San Francisco–based artist who was a pioneer in the Chicana/Chicano civil rights art movement
- Joyce Kozloff, a political and feminist artist who was a founding member of the Pattern and Decoration movement of the 1970s
- Margo Machida, a renowned authority on contemporary Asian American art and visual culture and associate professor at the University of Connecticut
- Ruth Weisberg, an artist and dean of fine arts at the University of Southern California
The awards ceremony will be held at the Wilshire Grand Hotel in Los Angeles on Saturday, February 28, 2009, in conjunction with the CAA Annual Conference. This ceremony, which is free and open to the public, will be the thirtieth anniversary of the awards. As in past years, the awards ceremony will include an accompanying catalogue, outlining the awardees’ accomplishments in greater detail. Please check the WCA website for more details about the ceremony (free), the awards dinner (tickets are $90 before December 1, 2008, and $105 after), and other planned events.