CAA News Today
Join a CAA Award Jury
posted by Lauren Stark — Mar 17, 2009
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve for three years (2009–11) on juries for the Awards for Distinction. Terms begin in May 2009; award years are 2010–12. CAA’s twelve awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not be serving on another CAA committee or editorial board. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
The following jury vacancies are filled later this spring:
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award: three members
- Alfred H. Barr, Jr., Award: one member
- Art Journal Award: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art Award: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: two members
- Artist Award for a Distinguished Body of Work: one member
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: one member
- CAA/Heritage Preservation Award: one member
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and an abbreviated CV (no more than two pages). Please send all materials to: Vice President for Committees, c/o Lauren Stark, Manager of Programs, CAA, 275 Seventh Ave., 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Materials may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; all email submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word attachments. Deadline: April 20, 2009.