posted by Patricia McDonnell — Dec 05, 2012
As 2012 comes to a close, the College Art Association extends thanks for your ongoing membership and support. Members, like you and me, are the engine and purpose for CAA, and it is through our help that CAA provides the myriad programs and services that so many artists, art historians, and other professionals in the visual arts depend upon. This fall, please consider making a generous contribution to CAA’s Annual Fund.
The Annual Fund is integral to CAA’s mission, providing flexible funding to supplement the project-specific support that comprises the majority of charitable gifts to the organization. CAA is dedicated to continuing prized resources that members have come to expect, including:
- The orchestration of the world’s preeminent conference for artists, art historians, critics, conservators, curators, students, and other professionals in the visual arts
- The production of its highly regarded publications: The Art Bulletin, Art Journal, and caa.reviews
- An abundance of online resources, including the Online Career Center for job listings, Standards and Guidelines for professional practices, and CAA News to keep you informed of developments in the field
- Essential advocacy work to promote federal support of the visual art
- Fellowships to graduate students and publishing grants for books in art history
- Travel grants to students and international professionals to attend the Annual Conference
- The production of yearly directories of graduate programs in the arts, which provide detailed information on higher-education programs in studio art and design, art and architectural history, curatorial studies, and more
CAA is dedicated to remaining a progressive voice and indispensible resource in the visual arts, but can only do so with the help and participation of its membership. Your contribution to the Annual Fund will allow CAA to make its active, essential voice in the art world a vital one into the future.
My great thanks for your ongoing support of CAA and contribution to this year’s appeal.
CAA Vice President for External Affairs
P.S. Contributions to CAA’s Annual Fund are 100 percent tax deductible.