CAA News Today
Board of Directors Election Ends on Friday
posted by Vanessa Jalet — Feb 11, 2013
The annual CAA Board of Directors election will end at 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday, February 15, 2013. To participate, all you need is your CAA member ID number and password. Visit the board-election page or click the candidates’ names below to read their statements, biographies, and endorsements—and to watch their video presentations—before casting your vote.
- Elizabeth Conner, Artist and Instructor, University of Washington Tacoma
- Constance Cortez, Associate Professor of Art History, Texas Tech University
- Jennifer Milam, Professor of Art History, University of Sydney
- Debra Riley Parr, Chair of the Fashion Studies Department, Columbia College Chicago
- Sheila Pepe, Artist and Acting Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Art and Design, Pratt Institute
- John Richardson, Professor and Chair of the Department of Art and Art History, Wayne State University
How to Vote
Log into your CAA account with your CAA User ID# and password. Then click the Vote Now image at the center of your screen to begin the process. If you are already logged in, click the Home link at left, and then the Vote Now link.
You may vote for up to four candidates, including one write-in candidate if you wish. Ballots that indicate more than four candidates will be voided. The election ends at 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday, February 15, 2013.
Send your Proxy
CAA encourages you to attend the Annual Members’ Business Meeting at the 2013 Annual Conference in New York. If you cannot attend, please check the box appointing a proxy. By doing so, you appoint the CAA board officers named thereon—Anne Collins Goodyear, Patricia McDonnell, DeWitt Godfrey, Jacqueline Francis, Randall C. Griffin, and Maria Ann Conelli—to vote, in their discretion, on such matters as may properly come before such a meeting.
A quorum of one hundred members is needed to hold the meeting; therefore CAA kindly requests your proxy to ensure the meeting can take place. Please send your proxy by 5:00 PM EST on Friday, February 15, 2013. Thank you.