posted by Vanessa Jalet — Feb 10, 2014
The annual CAA Board of Directors election will end at 5:00 PM (CST) on Friday, February 14, 2014. To participate, all you need is your CAA member ID number and password. Visit the board-election page or click the candidates’ names below to read their statements, biographies, and endorsements—and to watch their video presentations—before casting your vote.
- G. James Daichendt, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Visual and Performing Arts, Azusa Pacific University
- Helen C. Frederick, Professor, School of Art and Design, George Mason University
- Jim Hopfensperger, Professor of Art, Frostic School of Art, Western Michigan University
- Gunalan Nadarajan, Professor and Dean, Stamps School of Art and Design, University of Michigan
- Dannielle Tegeder, Associate Professor of Art, Art Department, Lehman College, City University of New York
- David C. Terry, Director of Programs and Curator, New York Foundation for the Arts
Amendment to By-laws
At the October 27, 2013 Board of Directors meeting, a resolution was presented and approved to bring to a vote a change in the CAA By-laws in order to streamline the membership categories and provide a more equitable structure. CAA members are encouraged to review the proposed By-laws change and to vote on the amendment in the upcoming election.
How to Vote
CAA members may vote for up to four candidates, including one write-in candidate (who must be a CAA member). The four candidates receiving the most votes will be elected to the board. CAA members may cast their votes and submit their proxies online beginning in early January, 2014; no paper ballots will be mailed. Please have your CAA user/member ID# and password handy when you are ready to vote. All voting must take place by 5:00 PM (CST) on Friday, February 14, 2014. CAA will provide a computer dedicated to the election in the registration area at the upcoming 102nd Annual Conference in Chicago.
Anne Collins Goodyear, CAA board president, will present the election results at the close of the next Annual Members’ Business Meeting, to be held on Friday, February 14, 2014, 5:30–7:00 PM (CST) in the International South Ballroom, 2nd Floor of the Hilton, 720 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60605.
Questions? Please contact Vanessa Jalet, CAA executive liaison.