posted by Vanessa Jalet — Jan 06, 2015
The annual CAA Board of Directors election has begun. Visit the board election page or click the candidates’ names below to read their statements, biographies and endorsements—and to watch their video presentations—before casting your vote.
The six candidates are:
- Derrick R. Cartwright, Director of University Galleries, University of San Diego
- Jawshing Arthur Liou, Professor and Director, Hope School of Fine Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington
- Chika Okeke-Agulu, Associate Professor, Department of Art and Archaeology and Center for African American Studies, Princeton University
- Katerina Ruedi Ray, Director, School of Art, Bowling Green State University
- Rachel Weiss, Professor of Arts Administration and Policy, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Andrés Zervigón, Associate Professor, History of Photography, Art History Department Rutgers University
How to Vote
Log into your CAA account with your CAA User ID# and password. Click the “Vote Now” image at the center of your screen to begin the process. If you are already logged in, click the “Home” link at left, and then the link to vote.
You may vote for up to four candidates, including one write-in candidate. Ballots that indicate more than four candidates will be void. The election ends at 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 13, 2015.
Send your Proxy
CAA encourages you to attend its Annual Business Meeting at the 2015 Annual Conference in New York. If you cannot attend, please check the box appointing a proxy. By doing so, you appoint the CAA board officers named thereon—DeWitt Godfrey, Maria Ann Conelli, Charles A. Wright, Gail Feigenbaum, Suzanne Blier, and Doralynn Pines, to vote, in their discretion, on such matters as may properly come before such a meeting.
A quorum of 100 members is needed to hold the Meeting; therefore CAA kindly requests your proxy to insure the Annual Business Meeting can take place. Please submit your proxy by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, February 13, 2015. Thank you.