CAA News Today
Voting Ends Soon! 2016 Board of Directors Election
posted by Vanessa Jalet — Jan 21, 2016
The annual CAA Board of Directors election is ongoing. To participate, all you need is your CAA member ID number and password. Visit the board election page or click the candidates’ names below to read their statements, biographies, and endorsements—and to watch their video presentations—before casting your vote:
The six candidates are:
- Dina Bangdel, Associate Professor and Director, Art History Program, Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Carma Gorman, Associate Professor and Assistant Chair, Dept. of Art and Art History, University of Texas at Austin
- N. Elizabeth Schlatter, Deputy Director and Curator of Exhibitions, University of Richmond Museums
- Andrew Schulz, Associate Dean for Research and Associate Professor, College of Arts and Architecture, Pennsylvania State University
- Roberto Tejada, Cullen Distinguished Professor, Departments of English and Art History, University of Houston
- Anuradha Vikram, Lecturer, Graduate Public Practice, Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles
How to Vote
Log into your CAA account with your CAA User ID# and password. Then click the Vote Now image at the center of your screen to begin the process. If you are already logged in, click the “Home” link at left, and then the “Vote Now” image.
You may vote for up to four candidates, including one write-in candidate if you wish. Ballots that indicate more than four candidates will be void. The election ends at 5:00 PM (EST) on Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
Send your Proxy
CAA encourages all members to attend its Annual Business Meeting at the 2016 Annual Conference in Washington, DC. If you cannot attend, kindly check the box appointing a proxy. By doing so, you appoint the CAA board officers named thereon — DeWitt Godfrey, John J. Richardson, Charles A. Wright, Suzanne Blier, Gail Feigenbaum, and Doralynn Pines — to vote, in their discretion, on such matters as may properly come before such a meeting.
A quorum of 100 members is required to hold the Annual Business Meeting; therefore CAA requests your proxy to insure the Annual Business Meeting can take place. Please submit your proxy by 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 3, 2016. Thank you!