CAA News Today
CAA Seeks Membership Specialist
posted by CAA — Aug 18, 2016
CAA seeks a Membership Specialist to support membership growth at the organization.
Approximately 10 to 20 hours per week – flexible hours with some nights and weekend hours available. $16 per hour – September through December 2016
Founded in 1911, the College Art Association (CAA) is the preeminent international leadership organization in the visual arts, promoting the field through intellectual engagement, advocacy, and a commitment to the diversity of practices and practitioners. Each year, CAA offers an Annual Conference, publishes three scholarly journals, and offers a variety of other programs. Visit www.collegeart.org for a complete description of programs and offerings.
CAA has more than 9,000 members worldwide. The majority of members are curators, art historians, scholars, visual artists, and designers. Each year, members renew their membership to CAA. The Membership Specialist will reach out to CAA members whose membership has lapsed and seek to renew that individual’s membership. Selected applicant(s) will receive a one-year complimentary CAA student membership.
- Understanding the core mission, purpose, and programs offered by CAA
- Understanding the various membership levels offered by CAA
- Understanding the benefits assigned to membership levels offered by CAA
- Telephoning members and requesting they renew their annual memberships
- Recording meaningful feedback (both positive and negative) about CAA
- Imparting current information about CAA and its Annual Conference to the individuals called
- Updating objective information (i.e., address, phone, email, etc.) in CAA’s database about the individual
- Processing the payment for renewal of the individual’s membership
- Transmitting information to supervisors with feedback from Members about CAA
- Minimum of two years of college, preferably in the visual arts, art history, or related fields
- Ability to speak in a pleasant professional manner over the phone
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy
- Sufficient computer knowledge (PC) to allow for the successful processing of membership renewals
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to convey to the individuals the value of renewing Membership with CAA
- Flexibility, creativity, and initiative
The College Art Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or political affiliation.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to Denise Williams via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Please include the names and contact information for three references who can speak to your ability to perform the tasks requested.