CAA News Today
Serve on a CAA Award Jury
posted by CAA — Mar 28, 2019
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on ten of the fourteen juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2019–22). Terms begin in May 2019; award years are 2020–22.
CAA’s fourteen awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2019. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
Jury vacancies for spring 2019:
- The Art Journal Award: two members
- Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award: three members
- Frank Jewett Mather Award for Art Criticism: one member
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award: two members
- Arthur Kingsley Porter Prize: two members
- CAA/AIC Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation: one member
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: one member
- Distinguished Lifetime Achievement Award for Writing on Art: two members
- Distinguished Feminist Award: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art Award: one member
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Cali Buckley, CAA grants and special programs manager; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachments. For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact Tiffany Dugan, CAA director of programs and publications.
Deadline: May 13, 2019